Home

Running Game and the Real Skinny

This is a discussion on Running Game and the Real Skinny within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 09:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Running Game and the Real Skinny

Ok, been playing a few games...My focus is I want to see the CPU stuff the run down my throat...Overall, its very team specific. Arkansas v. Georgia Tech...first 8 of 9 plays...Ark ran the ball down my throat but I had to bump up run blocking and run ability CPU by 2 on AA with 9 min quaters. I played against Nebraska with Penn State....Nebraska threw the ball 29 times and ran 23 times...the running was very mediocre....So I decided to setup a dynasty with 12 User control teams so I could see the run/pass break down of the coaches...Ark is 70/30 run v. pass....Nebraska 50/50 run v. pass....EA just frustrates the hell out of me....why can't we set the run/pass ratio for all teams? Why can't I play the game the way I want to?

Other observations:
On XBOX - there is a noticeable pause on running plays at the line of scrimmage...then it seems to kick in normal...kind of reminds me of March Madness' slowdown....

CPU Defense is a lot better

Matchup stick seems like a frill that is not a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 09:45 PM   #2
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Running Game and the Real Skinny

Quote:

nylawyer said:
Ok, been playing a few games...My focus is I want to see the CPU stuff the run down my throat...Overall, its very team specific. Arkansas v. Georgia Tech...first 8 of 9 plays...Ark ran the ball down my throat but I had to bump up run blocking and run ability CPU by 2 on AA with 9 min quaters. I played against Nebraska with Penn State....Nebraska threw the ball 29 times and ran 23 times...the running was very mediocre....So I decided to setup a dynasty with 12 User control teams so I could see the run/pass break down of the coaches...Ark is 70/30 run v. pass....Nebraska 50/50 run v. pass....EA just frustrates the hell out of me....why can't we set the run/pass ratio for all teams? Why can't I play the game the way I want to?

Other observations:
On XBOX - there is a noticeable pause on running plays at the line of scrimmage...then it seems to kick in normal...kind of reminds me of March Madness' slowdown....

CPU Defense is a lot better

Matchup stick seems like a frill that is not a big deal.

I do believe that Nebraska is changing their offense to a pro style offense. That should not be abnormal for them to pass more this year. That is promising to hear about Arkansas because they are predominately a run first team.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:48 PM   #3
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Running Game and the Real Skinny

Nebraska is no longer an option team.

50/50 would be an accurate guess for r/p breakdown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »