Home

XBox or PS2...which do you think is better overall for NCAA 2005

This is a discussion on XBox or PS2...which do you think is better overall for NCAA 2005 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
XBox or PS2...which do you think is better overall for NCAA 2005

In your opinion, if you have the game yet, which should a person purchase NCAA 2005 for, Xbox or Ps2 Thanks for your opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 01:54 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: XBox or PS2...which do you think is better overall for NCAA 2005

bump
Old 07-15-2004, 02:07 AM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

XBOX for me. XBL blows away the sony online network. Well, when it works that is.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:09 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Dunno but on my xbox I'm getting some slow down near the goal line and running thru the middle in congested traffic, seems to slow things downs.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:03 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
XBOX for me. XBL blows away the sony online network. Well, when it works that is.

XBL still blows away the PS2 online....unless EA is running a portion of XBL which so far completely sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 08:48 AM   #6
Rookie

GaryM05's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

lordsin said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:

XBL still blows away the PS2 online....unless EA is running a portion of XBL which so far completely sucks.

I have a question about this: how is the online experience better or different on the XBox? I'm trying to decide between the 2 versions, and I'm curious if XBL implements any additional functionality over the online features of the PS2 verion. Thanks!
Old 07-15-2004, 11:45 AM   #7
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4

I need to hear from people who have played both versions especially or at least from people who have played the playstation version. My questions are

After all the talk on slowdown I wont beat that to death, but bottom line does the PS 2 version play smoother?

Also when running the option it seems like the pitch button (black) is much less responsive than the shoulder buttons on the PS 2 controller, does anyone agree?
For that matter the juke and stiff arm triggers on the X box also seem less responsive than the shoulder buttons.

I REALLY need some input because this will help determine if I take my x box back and get a playstation again

by the way playing online is not a big factor for me
Old 07-15-2004, 12:07 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

m7406 said:
I need to hear from people who have played both versions especially or at least from people who have played the playstation version. My questions are

After all the talk on slowdown I wont beat that to death, but bottom line does the PS 2 version play smoother?

Also when running the option it seems like the pitch button (black) is much less responsive than the shoulder buttons on the PS 2 controller, does anyone agree?
For that matter the juke and stiff arm triggers on the X box also seem less responsive than the shoulder buttons.

I REALLY need some input because this will help determine if I take my x box back and get a playstation again

by the way playing online is not a big factor for me

I have both versions. I see some slight and occasional slowdown on both versions. But some people with the XBOX seem to be seeing more than others. So I might be one of the lucky ones with my XBOX version.

I think the overall graphics are better on the XBOX, load times are far better on Xbox. I find the black button on the controller to be plenty responsive. But the PS2 controller almost seems to be made for the game. So while I think the Xbox controller is more than adequeate for the game I think the PS controller is pretty much perfect for the game.

I prefer the Xbox version, but the PS2 version is right there with it. Also it would depend I guess if you are an Xbox user that experiences heavy slowdown or not. I just happen to be one of the people that doesn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »