Home

Recruiting: Anyone tried it yet?

This is a discussion on Recruiting: Anyone tried it yet? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 09:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Recruiting: Anyone tried it yet?

Thoughts? Too easy still? Too hard (which would be worse imho)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 10:03 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 27
Re: Recruiting: Anyone tried it yet?

i havent gotten the game yet, but imo recruiting can't ever be to hard. In real life recruitng is really hard and you shouldn't be able to get 10 blue chippers. so for me the harder the better.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

My first time recruiting with Illinois (simmed a season and finished 30th), i got 1 blue chipper and 3 4-star recruits. It is a lot tougher this year to recruit IMO...I also checked the top 10 recruiting classes, noone had more than 4 blue chippers...
Old 07-12-2004, 10:09 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 27

just hearing that makes me want the game that much more. At approx. 11:30 central tomorrow i will be in heaven.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Here is the thing. . .if EA screws it up (like they have done in the past, see MVP) and makes it too hard, there is nothing you can do about it and the game is ruined.

If it is too easy, then you can self-impose rules and still play. . .that is why I think they side on the easy side more often than hard. . .

But I do hope it is more realistic in terms of talent levels etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 01:58 AM   #6
Rookie

recruiting was much tougher, we simmed a 3 man season...didnt get many recruits (didnt have great teams though). strange thing this year is the cpu recruits some guys for you automatically...anyone else notice this?? 5 guys that were interested that i did not recruit signed with my team, and i never knew it till i looked at my signees. must be guys who didnt need convincing and just signed up for the team. i wish the game would have told me during recruiting though during the weeks. peace
Old 07-13-2004, 02:09 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

This happened to me as well on 2004, I lost JD Runnels from OU and I got two freshmen fullbacks without scouting the other one....
Old 07-13-2004, 02:12 AM   #8
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

Dahawk007 said:
recruiting was much tougher, we simmed a 3 man season...didnt get many recruits (didnt have great teams though). strange thing this year is the cpu recruits some guys for you automatically...anyone else notice this?? 5 guys that were interested that i did not recruit signed with my team, and i never knew it till i looked at my signees. must be guys who didnt need convincing and just signed up for the team. i wish the game would have told me during recruiting though during the weeks. peace

You need to turn off recruiting assistance in the coaching strategies menu. That will fix that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »