Home

Bringing 8 every play, cheesing?

This is a discussion on Bringing 8 every play, cheesing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 07:56 AM   #9
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Bringing 8 every play, cheesing?

I would never bring 8 consistantly only because the people I play would tear me up if I did with short crosses and dump offs.
Honestly I do not see it as cheesing that much, BEACAUSE it can be beat. Once you start making them pay for doing it, they will stop.
Just my .02
Old 07-13-2004, 08:44 AM   #10
Rookie

ddonnelly19's Arena

OVR: 1

I think most of the time these "cheesers" continue to play the way they do because their opponent (you) contiune to allow it. If your opponent constantly blitzes 8, keep throwing quick slants. If he constantly keeps converting on 4th-and-long, pick a better defense. It's pretty rare nowadays that some plays simply cannot be stopped with any counterplay (i.e. "Double Flag" in Madden 97).

That's the way most sports teams operate anyway -- play the way you always play until your opponent can shut you down.

If I cannot beat an 8-man rush, I probably deserve to lose anyway.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:09 AM   #11
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

why are ya'll crying its part of the game i beat people like that all the time all you have to do is spread the field out and throw short routes and get some rac i played i two guys online yesterday that played like that they stop after they start getting burnt i usuallly put the HB out in motion and throw it to him. Dont call nobody a cheeser cause they figure out that you dont know how to stop the blitz they just smart
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »