Home

Guys with the xbox versio please relax about the slowdown.

This is a discussion on Guys with the xbox versio please relax about the slowdown. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 12:38 PM   #33
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Guys with the xbox versio please relax about the slowdown.

Quote:

UMiami said:
The slowdown is VERY BAD during rainy games... anything near the goal-line will have a significant slowdown.

My biggest complaint is the ugly, ugly graphics. The fields are HORRIBLEY washed out and poorly colored. The filtering is poorly done because I see a lot of flickering on distant objects. Jaggies appear to be worse then 2004 and 2003. Also, everything seems blurry, especially when comparing it to ESPN NFL 2004.

Old 07-13-2004, 03:58 PM   #34
Rookie

wingtcoach's Arena

OVR: 1

I have a launch thompson. I haven't seen the slow down yet. The game seems dead on and as a former college player myself, much more realistic than last years cut on a dime crap.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:26 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 7

Im not too sure whether I actually have slowdown or not here, please help me out. The game seems slow when Im running and theres a ton of people around, after that it picks up a little bit, but everyone has been saying that in large stadiums, rain, etc. its been bogging down, i havent had that, just the running game in general seems a lot slower, and runs after catches are a lot faster IMO, seems kind of weird to me. By the way, I have a launch Xbox with Thompson drive
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 05:00 PM   #36
Pro

miamicanes11's Arena

OVR: 5

Has anyone with a Thompson drive had any problems. So far I only hear good things from people with that drive and that is what i have
Old 07-13-2004, 05:29 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

I decided not to bother and bought the PS2 version.

I'm having plenty of fun
Old 07-13-2004, 05:44 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

willdtarheeler said:
Im not too sure whether I actually have slowdown or not here, please help me out. The game seems slow when Im running and theres a ton of people around, after that it picks up a little bit, but everyone has been saying that in large stadiums, rain, etc. its been bogging down, i havent had that, just the running game in general seems a lot slower, and runs after catches are a lot faster IMO, seems kind of weird to me. By the way, I have a launch Xbox with Thompson drive

Thats the framerate slowdown that you are referring to. It's a game killer
Old 07-13-2004, 05:49 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 6

If the graphics, stadiums, etc. are pretty much the same this year, why would the system struggle to run it and slowdown?

I can see if it was a newly overhauled graphics engine and the designers were stressing the system too much, but NCAA is using the same engine it's been using for a year or so, and I am not sure I understand why it would be reduced to chugging along this year.

Thoughts?
Old 07-13-2004, 05:53 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 4

Hmm this is weird my game seems to be running perfectly fine. No slowdown or nothing. Maybe I just got lucky....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »