Home

There is a speed cheat on Heisman

This is a discussion on There is a speed cheat on Heisman within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 12:00 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: There is a speed cheat on Heisman

Quote:

glucklich said:
Look, I told you the guy I created was maxed out on everything and yet the speed cheat was still evident. Even if you are correct then you still have to reconcile this fact. So then if you are qulified to critique my methods and analysis then explain this simple discrepancy instead of acting like a juvenile.

Bump. Im still waiting on my explanation of this Clay...?
Old 07-13-2004, 12:08 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

mgoblue said:
side question, aren't you faster sprinting without holding a football than you would be while running with a football? that might factor into all this, i dunno

HA HA...simple Wolverine...

Get a football in my hands and then throw someone trying to kill me behind me...I'll run faster than I do normally...lol
Old 07-13-2004, 12:14 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

You'd need to test this with 2 created players.

1 with 95 spd and 0's in every other category
1 with 85 spd and 0's in every other category

THEN you'd need to get the two players side by side and have them BOTH running (no sprints) down the field side by side.

I think what you'd see is that the CPU is probably better than you at hitting the speed burst button when it will make the most difference. Additionally, fatigue DOES mean something in terms of speed of the players.

SO...even IF you were chasing the guy and your guy probably had to break off and go after him meaning he'd already run farther and was more tired.

The average play in football lasts something like 3.4 seconds. It's incredibly quick. A longer play quickly exhausts anyone. If you've played football in full gear and in a real game situation then you know exactly what I mean.

I was the second fastest guy on my football team. However...the fastest guy (a DE) couldn't catch me in a leg race if I caught a little flair pass in the flats and he was only a few yards behind me despite being able to on any given day....why?

Fatigue...
Old 07-13-2004, 12:14 PM   #20
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

First off all...you don't have to bump a thread after 9 minutes.

Second, there are too many factors for a "gamer" (and I use that term loosely because you clearly have no want to actually play the game) to properly devise a test to determine what is in the AI logic put in by the Devs.

Finally, stats and 40 times (speed ratings) mean nothing in a game situation. Watch any football game and you'll see it played out time and time again.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:15 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Bottom line heisman defenders react more quickly and take better angles. the truest level is AA. IMHO I don't think the runners are faster just what I descibed above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 12:18 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 14

I put the RB on the LOS and he ran a go route. So the running around thing is a little off the mark. And as far as putting everyone at 0s thats kind of a nonissue since he was high on everything. If he was at 50 agility as Clay was saying it might mean more because that might be an excuse for the 84 guy keeping up with him. But it wasnt even necessary to go that far.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:19 PM   #23
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

medlinke said:

SO...even IF you were chasing the guy and your guy probably had to break off and go after him meaning he'd already run farther and was more tired.

The average play in football lasts something like 3.4 seconds. It's incredibly quick. A longer play quickly exhausts anyone. If you've played football in full gear and in a real game situation then you know exactly what I mean.

I was the second fastest guy on my football team. However...the fastest guy (a DE) couldn't catch me in a leg race if I caught a little flair pass in the flats and he was only a few yards behind me despite being able to on any given day....why?

Fatigue...

I agree i wasnt very fast but on the field with pads on i was catching alot people who if we had street race i wouldnt have a chance in hell of beating so it's some type of realistic in the game
Old 07-13-2004, 12:21 PM   #24
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

glucklich said:
I created a 95 SPD RB last night and tested the SPD attrubute ratings on AA vs Heisman. The team I tested against had a mid 90s SPD CB and the other CB was an 84. On Heisman when my RB would get out in front of the 84 SPD CB the RB wouldnt pull away really...last year he would. On AA however, the SPD attribute ratings were truer. If you want attribute ratings to be apples-to-apples as i do, you might want to consider this or check it out for yourself. I tested this in practice mode with the ball at my own ten and throwing a pass to the running back against the goalline defense where everyone but the corners blitz.

I appreciate you testing out to see if things are equal. It saves me the time I would waste trying to play on Heisman, but eventually realizing it was never an even playing field. Good looking out.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »