Home

Team ratings overall

This is a discussion on Team ratings overall within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2015, 01:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Team ratings overall

I was looking at the Madden boards and noticed one person stated that the overall rating was just a made up number which is what an EA dev stated at one point.

So I started looking at NCAA and my team is Bama and of course they are a 99 even on Sazzy41 roster. I believe his roster is an excellent representation of true ratings BTW.

I am in my second season and have one player who is a 99 which is the kicker. Once I look at the KR / PR there are 5 players who are 99 once they are in that particular position.

So yeah, what is this algorithm which gives an overall rating and how does it work? I have always measured my competition in offline dynasty to the offense, defense, and overall numbers but someone has some splaining to do.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2015, 02:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Team ratings overall

I have always wondered this myself. It drives me nuts that I cannot see what my teams overall rating is while creating one in teambuilder.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:01 PM   #3
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

I never heard they were random...but it makes sense.

If there was a way, the overall should be based on more than just the players overall scores. It would factor in the offense/defense type.

For example: if I have TE's that are 60's, but are 75 at run blocking and I'm a running team, it would BOOST my overall because they fit my scheme.

That's in a perfect world, of course... as this is darn near impossible lol
Old 12-25-2015, 08:23 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't think it's random. It's not exactly an average of the team's OFF/DEF numbers, but it's heavily dependent upon them. I thought it was also dependent upon the special teams ratings, but I've just proven that to not be the case.

I don't know the algorithm used to determine the OFF/DEF ratings, but those are based upon the offensive and defensive starters on the team (and not the backups). Obviously, the higher the OVR of the starters, the higher the OFF/DEF ratings.

I took Michigan whose ratings are 86 OVR, 88 OFF, 87 DEF on my roster.

I changed the depth chart and made the starting QB and HB a 40 OVR and the OFF rating plummeted which caused the OVR to plummet.

I changed the LE and MLB#1 to 40 OVR and the DEF and OVR dropped.

I changed the K,P,KR,PR to 40 OVR and was surprised that the OVR didn't changed.

I changed the #2 QB and #3 HB to 40 OVR and the team ratings stayed the same, showing that the OFF/OVR ratings are based on starters and not backups.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (4.3 KB, 123 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-25-2015, 11:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

I took Alabama and added up 23 starter positions not including the fb, KR or PR and they were an average of 91.4. Alabama is a 99 so IDK.

Oklahoma is an 88 and Texas A&M is an 89.

But Texas A&M is a 99 overall in game
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2016, 01:57 AM   #6
Rookie

McFaddenD2's Arena

OVR: 0

is there anyway to manually edit the ratings using the editor?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »