Home

Job Security

This is a discussion on Job Security within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #25
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Job Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I know that regardless of the split, the crowd cheers for the designated "home" team. So if you're a visitor blowing them out, the crowd is silent. If you're the "home" team, they go wild when you play well. That can make one feel like a certain team dominates attendance.

Back to the original issue though...did the OP get the job he wanted yet!?
I am still playing the same year as I have been preoccupied with a Madden online franchise with my friends for quite sometime. I am 5-2 this season so far and Michigan continues to struggle at 2-4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2016, 07:05 PM   #26
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

In my experience I have found coach firings to be a mixed bag when it concerns the CPU. If a coach has had success in the past but fallen on hard times then it might take 3-4 years below the win mark to get them fired. Coaches with a high skill tree points tend to stay no mater the record, seen Bama, VaTech, FSU among others have high rated coaches that keep coaches even after below .500 win marks for multiple years. If a coach adds a national title then it might take them retiring to see that job open, seen it happen with Texas and Ohio State in past dynasties.

As for the chances you get the job it depends on many factors from what I have seen. If you have a national title in your pocket then it will open doors. In one of my dynasties I got the Georgia job 7 years in after wining one as the OC at Georgia, and 1 at New Mexico (4 star program when I took over). In another dynasty I won 2 titles as an OC then had my choice of jobs that offseason.

The one factor that you can't control is who will be available for Michigan to hire from. I have found the OC/DC that was a HC but got fired seems to get jobs that I want. I have had more success getting that dream job when I was at a smaller school (non power 5) then when I was at a power 5 school. I feel the games views it as a sideways move and is programmed for up/down moves.

All of this is based on my own personal experience and may be different then others.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:45 AM   #27
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Job Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Coaches with a high skill tree points tend to stay no mater the record, seen Bama, VaTech, FSU among others have high rated coaches that keep coaches even after below .500 win marks for multiple years. If a coach adds a national title then it might take them retiring to see that job open, seen it happen with Texas and Ohio State in past dynasties.
In all of my dynasties, Les Miles had better keep winning or else he is QUICK to get the axe. In my current dynasty Nick Saban got the boot after 2015 following his first losing season (6-7). As a funny side note, right now the FREAKING MAC has Nick Saban, Bob Stoops, and Kevin Sumlin as head coaches.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 02-13-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:46 PM   #28
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
In all of my dynasties, Les Miles had better keep winning or else he is QUICK to get the axe. In my current dynasty Nick Saban got the boot after 2015 following his first losing season (6-7). As a funny side note, right now the FREAKING MAC has Nick Saban, Bob Stoops, and Kevin Sumlin as head coaches.
It is funny to hear how different things play out while something's play out the same in every dynasty. I too have seen Les get fired very quickly while in most of my dynasties I have Saban winning a few titles early then getting a free ride until he retires.

That MAC sounds nasty. I have never seen Bob Stoops get fired in all my dynasties. I do think winning a title buys you time but I have not timed it out before. Maybe a new project for me to look at.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »