Home

Issue with Formation Subs

This is a discussion on Issue with Formation Subs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2016, 03:35 AM   #9
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Issue with Formation Subs

gawt dabbit!
Old 02-16-2016, 11:41 AM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Yeah, in my experience, you're screwed until the off-season. Reset the subs before going to the off-season menu.

I have had this happen every one of my 10 previous season until the last one when I figured out the trick. It never was quite as bad as only having two though. Usually I have at least 35.

I mass sub a ton because I like to customize all my special teams units with my reserves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
resetting the subs isn't working for me. As people are mentioning here, it seems to remember the subs from prior years as if the players are still there, even if you clear them.

I can make two moves. It goes to 48 and that is my limit no matter how I reset my subs.

Hellisan, it sounds like you're saying 48/50 means you have 2 subs left. 48/50 means that you have 48 remaining.

This is my current subs setup in week 11. 6/50 means that I've made 44 subs and have 6 remaining. You can see that CB Griffin is subbed in @ WR on my kick coverage team.

Even though it's week 11 I'm still able to reset my subs with no issues Deegeezy.

I reset them (see how my WR Derrik is back on kick coverage) and I now have all 50 subs left.

I make 1 sub (Deion McDoooooooooooooooooooom) and I now have 49 subs available.

Is this not the behavior you two are seeing?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-16-2016, 12:23 PM   #11

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

That's how it displays, but it won't let you keep going.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 01:34 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
That's how it displays, but it won't let you keep going.

I've never seen this issue then. I'm in week 12 and I reset my subs back to 50. Then I just went through the first 5 formations and subbed in a new guy at every position until I used 50 subs. All 50 subs worked perfectly well and it wasn't until I had used all 50 that I was told I couldn't do it anymore.

Every time I've ever reset my subs it has given me all 50 subs to use again. This is not just a display thing for me on my Xbox as I can then actually make 50 subs again.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:39 PM   #13
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Maybe this is a playbook issue or something. I use a CPB that I always use every year w/o adding/removing formations.

Do you guys perhaps change your playbooks and/or add remove/formations (I'd guess specifically remove them)? Maybe you have formation A and have some subs for it. Then you change playbooks and you don't have formation A anymore. Then when you try to reset the subs, maybe the game can't find formation A anymore so it can't "remove" those formations subs so you're stuck with them.

If that's the case, then it seems like you could run out of formation subs if you keep removing formations before you reset your subs for them.

Obviously this is just a theory and if you always have the same PBs, then it doesn't apply anyway.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:48 PM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Maybe this is a playbook issue or something. I use a CPB that I always use every year w/o adding/removing formations.

Do you guys perhaps change your playbooks and/or add remove/formations (I'd guess specifically remove them)? Maybe you have formation A and have some subs for it. Then you change playbooks and you don't have formation A anymore. Then when you try to reset the subs, maybe the game can't find formation A anymore so it can't "remove" those formations subs so you're stuck with them.

If that's the case, then it seems like you could run out of formation subs if you keep removing formations before you reset your subs for them.

Obviously this is just a theory and if you always have the same PBs, then it doesn't apply anyway.
Theory busted....

I reset all formation subs to 50.
I make 44 subs, all in 3-4 formations.
I changed my coach philosophy to use a 4-3 PB instead (which of course has no 3-4 formations).
I then reset my subs. By my theory, since the game couldn't find any of the formations that had subs in it, it wouldn't be able to reset them so I'd only have 6 (50-44) subs available.
I was still able to make all 50 subs in my 4-3 formations.

EDIT:
I have no clue why the game behaves differently for you.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:17 AM   #15
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Nevertheless appreciate your insight. I will see if it lets me do it next season.

yeah I get that error after making 2 subs. The 3rd (with it showing 48 available) won't work.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »