Home

Quick synopsis of the XBox and PS2 versions of NCAA 2005.

This is a discussion on Quick synopsis of the XBox and PS2 versions of NCAA 2005. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 08:07 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Quick synopsis of the XBox and PS2 versions of NCAA 2005.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well here is a ridiculously short and to the point review of NCAA 2005 for both platforms after....oooohhh....playing this game straight since 2pm Monday afternoon with only 7 hours set aside for sleep.

PS2
1. Excellent gamespeed.
2. PS2 controllers were MADE for sports games.
3. EA online servers are "quirky" to say the least right now...but the addition of items such as voice chat and a more in depth player profile is excellent.

XBox
1. Graphics are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS compared to PS2. I did a side by side comparison of the EXACT same scene and the difference is huge. PS2 models look "washed out" compared to the stunning models on XBox.

Not to say PS2 looks bad...it looks good. But the XBox graphics are really a level above.

2. I HATE using the XBox controller for EA sports games. Hate it.
3. There is definitely a slower game pace on Xbox. Find this odd..but very noticeable after playing the PS2 version all last night.

OVERALL for the Game

1. D-E-F-E-N-S-E.... here are the ingredients for what is looking like multiple 10-3 ballgames this year.
A. Big time defensive awareness.
B. Composure and HFA greatly affecting audibles, passing accuracy
C. HORRIBLE "consistency" on catches. Receivers will make a spectacular mid air diving catch....then drop a wide open 3 yard curl the very next play. Absolutely ZERO consistency and can drive you insane.

Overall...I'm impressed as always. The game rocks. But...there are definite "annoyances" as always.

A HUGE FACTOR FOR LEAGUE GAMES NOW....special teams. I can tell you now...if your kicker sucks or punter sucks and you are playing a lot of big games on the road..expect some heartbreaking losses. The kicking game is MUCH MUCH MUCH more important this season.

Now...get your butts online tonight and let's get some games going! The Auburn Tigers will be waiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 08:13 PM   #2
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Quick synopsis of the XBox and PS2 versions of NCAA 2005.

Quote:

AuburnAlumni said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now...get your butts online tonight and let's get some games going! The Auburn Tigers will be waiting.

Will they be waiting for USC?
Old 07-13-2004, 08:21 PM   #3
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Quick synopsis of the XBox and PS2 versions of NCAA 2005.

Quote:

The kicking game is MUCH MUCH MUCH more important this season.

You don't know how happy I am to hear this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »