Home

NCAA Football's Facebook Page Gets the World's Hopes Up...For Nothing?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football's Facebook Page Gets the World's Hopes Up...For Nothing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2016, 06:07 PM   #73
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football's Facebook Page Gets the World's Hopes Up...For Nothing?

if anyone thinks this was an honest mistake you are dead wrong, if they lost all rights, and have a gag order etc. why even post, why not just post on the EA sports page, or the twitter page.

Something has happened, something has changed, something or someone out there has finally said, "We can do a game again." Probably tons of things to go through, but the ribbon has been cut. some BS twitter cover up saying this does not mean we have anything to announce, is pretty strait forward cover up.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:58 PM   #74
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
if anyone thinks this was an honest mistake you are dead wrong, if they lost all rights, and have a gag order etc. why even post, why not just post on the EA sports page, or the twitter page.

Something has happened, something has changed, something or someone out there has finally said, "We can do a game again." Probably tons of things to go through, but the ribbon has been cut. some BS twitter cover up saying this does not mean we have anything to announce, is pretty strait forward cover up.
Totally agree. That edited excuse was an insult to our common sense. The heart beat was a direct indication that something has changed.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #75
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Michigan
It has nothing to do with the national title game and everything to do with the game being brought back.

People are being way too naive here.

Guess what? That post did not have a caption originally. They edited it after it blew up. It was just the video. EA releasing 3 "statements" frantically, essentially confirms that something is coming.

Why would an account that has been silent for nearly two years post about a game tonight that's not even the first playoff championship game?

Newsflash: million dollar companies lie all the time. This is a case of damage control.

It may not be next year, but a new game is coming. I wouldn't be surprised if this was to draw extra eyes to the game tonight in case they air some kind of ad for it.
My thoughts exactly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2016, 07:19 PM   #76
Rookie

ChirpyMango01's Arena

Guys, I'm telling you this for your own good: stop.

EA has made it very clear today that they are not going to announce a release. Now, I normally wouldn't believe EA, but if there's one area where they are dependable, it's in disappointing their consumers. Nothing has significantly changed between now and 2014 (unless I missed something) in the legal status quo that forced EA to cancel the series. I don't want to go down the JMF road again, and we all saw how that ended. This time, we are going off of even less evidence.

If NCAA 17 or 18 is going to happen, great. But for now, we have a cryptic video with a caption about something other than a game to support the theory, and public comments from EA to go against the theory. I don't see any reason to get our hopes up.
Boston Celtics
Old 01-11-2016, 07:19 PM   #77
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7
At first, I was annoyed by it all, but having thought about it, I agree that this couldn't have been about the championship game.

It just doesn't make any sense!

With that said, not sure what they were doing, since they put out their comments saying it wasn't about the video game. Seems weird/dumb/annoying all around.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:21 PM   #78
Rookie

darknmild's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
I could see this turning into JMF16. Buckle up, folks.
i didnt want to be the one to say it lol
Old 01-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #79
Rookie

please people let it go. The football community is so sensitive right now and these companies think this s&^t is a joke. They just be throwing it out there to get people attention...Its nothing...Im not getting caught out there again. We all want something new besides madden and these companies know that...they just be throwing a bone and see if we fetch but i think the word got out so quick, it scared the hell out of them....But still secretly praying it is the beginning of something...I miss ncaa football so bad..I can only imagine it on next gen....
Old 01-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #80
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Fan
Totally agree. That edited excuse was an insult to our common sense. The heart beat was a direct indication that something has changed.
Guess we'll know soon enough. We are down to under an hour before the game starts. I'm thinking we just have to pay attention to the commercials more so than usual.

Their last FB post from that account was July 29th, 2014. This is their first post on that account in a year and 6 months. Why didn't they do this post last year when it was January 2015 about the National Title Game then?

I have to agree, something has changed and we'll all know soon enough. At best they should have just aired a commercial during the National Title Game for a new video game(July release?) and after the commercial aired, released a statement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »