Home

Found out the problem with massive fps drops for me - SVideo cables!

This is a discussion on Found out the problem with massive fps drops for me - SVideo cables! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 09:10 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Found out the problem with massive fps drops for me - SVideo cabl

I'll go check to see if my s-vids are loose, and I SERIOUSLY don't understand why this is happening, but for some reason the game plays smooth with composite and not smooth with S video..I'm at halftime of my game, when I'm done I'll check my Svid connections and see if it worked - cuz I'd LOVE to have S vid, it looks so much better than composite..

EDIT:

Mod's, please don't lock this until some1 who is having problems AND using svids tries to solve the problem by doing this..

PSS - I have no idea about problems with component cables as I don't own a TV that uses them..
Old 07-13-2004, 09:27 PM   #10
Rookie

bdouk's Arena

Just for the record, I am using component cables (the highest quality cables the Xbox supports) and I'm getting slowdown. I don't really see how the type of cable would make a difference. The slowdown would be occuring in the processing of the game. The cable merely supplies the display from the output on the XBox to the input on the screen. I have a feeling we aren't going to find a simple (or pain-free) solution to this problem...but thanks for trying stuff out.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:28 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

If you guys talking about the special cables bought seperate from XBOX that has the gold tips and extra piece that inhance the graphics? Then I use these as well. The game drags like all hell. I won't be able to play till tomorrow or until whenever my mom relinquishes my 36' But I will certainly try anything to keep from taking it back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 10:05 PM   #12
Rookie

Ok, After I finished up the game I checked my Svideo connection ..

The cable was 1/2 way out..I was wondering why UNC looked so "greenish" in my games..And for some reason, the slowdown is gone when using the Svids..I'm not sure why, either, I just made sure each connection was tight and it worked like the composite ones but with sharper imagery..IDK, I'm stumped, but glad my copy now works correctly
Old 07-13-2004, 10:18 PM   #13

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

There is no logical reason for cables to affect your framerates.

First off if you are using S-video, you are not using the advanced AV pack...it is component only.

If anything, component (the 3 pronged R,G,B cable) would give you a better picture since it seperates the 3 primary colors.

Sorry..cables have nothing to do with the slowdown.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:44 PM   #14
Rookie

Then there is no logical reason why I was playing a game that lagged really bad before and now doesn't lag much at all, only get the endzone lag with goaline o's and d's..

I know what cables are and what they do, and I have no idea wth happened with my game but for whatever reason its fixed

PS - My svid has an advanced av pack with it, with an svid out, composite sound out and digital sound out..
Old 07-14-2004, 09:31 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thank you so very much for that tip!! Never in a million years would I have thought that the S-Video cable could be causing the sluggishness but lo and behold, it worked!!!!

I have a 27" Sony Trinitron Wega from when they first introduced the line so no component inputs but does include s-video. My X-box has a Samsung drive. I've spent literally the last 5 hours going through every possible, conceivable settings to tweak to try and fix this but to no avail Then I read this post and went and switched out the s-video connection for just the plain old rca cables that came with my x-box and the game runs like a dream now! I've tested in larget stadiums like Michigan, Tennessee, and Nebraska with nary a problem. So thank you so much for the possible fix and you should post it in the bug/glitch sticky because it just helped me out a bunch.

On another note, since the Xbox can detect when the a/v cable in the back is not plugged in, could it be that it can also detect what type of connection it has and something internal is screwing it up for s-video or certain brands of video cables? I was using an el-cheapo Madcatz s-video connector that has connections for all 3 current gen systems. Anyways, its at least something to consider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 09:40 AM   #16
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

maybe its all mental if its slow and you changed something you think is significant like the s cable myabe you just think its not lagging as much now but in all actuality its still doing the same thing as before

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »