Home

Damn, Irony at its Absolute Cruelest. Please Pity Me.

This is a discussion on Damn, Irony at its Absolute Cruelest. Please Pity Me. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 02:58 PM   #17
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Damn, Irony at its Absolute Cruelest. Please Pity Me.

Quote:

eXperiment63 said:
That is why Xbox has breakaway controller cables... I would suggest Sony start manufacturing them as well, may save a few hundred consoles.

He didn't pull it down by the controller cables.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:44 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ok, so exactly how did your dog break your PS2? Did he piss on it?

Sorry to hear about it, though.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:53 PM   #19
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

shortsoldier said:
I got the game today at 10:30 AM. I played two games by three and was loving it; then, I watched in horror as my dog broke my PS2. Seriously. I got a small taste of Heaven and then was bitch slapped straight to Hell. Now, my PS2 is in the shop for four to seven 'business' days while I just read everyone else's threads and occasionally get to play at a friend's place. So screw the rest of you with your petty graphics problems; the one day I've been looking forward to for months is the day my dog knocks over the console. NCAA is the only game I play, so I'm pissed. Have fun playing while I go wallow in self-pity.
Justin.

Old 07-14-2004, 04:35 PM   #20
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

dmfreck said:
Ok, so exactly how did your dog break your PS2? Did he piss on it?

Sorry to hear about it, though.

He grabbed it in his mouth and threw it down. Then he looked at me like, "Yeah, I did it." I swear he was just jealous of the PS2. It only fell about fifteen inches, but apparently it was enough.

. . . still waiting to play again.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:45 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

That sucks - you have got one seriously vinidictive dog. My dogs usually just eat my furniture to get event with me.

BTW - the disconnecting XBOX controller cables are a godsend, evertime I play my dogs come running through and hit the cable like they are crossing the finish line at the Olympic 100 meters! That disonnecting cable has save me some serious $$ and my dogs some serious
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 08:42 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think it's funny that you're SOL for a week or so. That's what you get for letting an animal in the same room with your PS2. I love dogs to death, but I'd never let one in the same room with my electronics. Between the shedding and possibility that they could inadvertantly step on an open CD tray or pull a cord out of the socket (PS2 being pulled off the shelf), those are enough reasons to not let one near your stuff.

Let this longest week of your life be a valuble life lesson in exercising a little brainpower over your own feelings. In a perfect world we could go out for ice cream and ride bikes with velociraptors, but we'll have to use our common sense until then.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:00 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Animals are like babies, they don't know any better.. I don't see how someone can beat their animal for wrecking a game console.. It's the owners fault for having a dog/baby in the same room with electronics..
Old 07-14-2004, 09:40 PM   #24
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

OVR: 3

i knew this would happen to somebody... im just glad it wasnt me... my dog stays outside.

but i figured somewhere out there, there would be someone who had ps2 problems right after buying the game. i had to send mine back into Sony a little more than a year ago for a "disc read error" problem... apparently many others had the same problem... but its fixed now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »