Home

Slowdown solution?

This is a discussion on Slowdown solution? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 01:12 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Slowdown solution?

Sorry to burst bubbles but it's not an ultimate fix. I've had mine in stereo since I got it and I still get bad slowdown. My guess is the more stuff the XBOX does, the more it taxes the system. So for example, you set everything in the dashboard to default, turn off HFA, and set the resolution to 480i. All of this combined will likely result in the smoothest framerate. Of course all of this is less than practical, and why should we go through the mission for EA's lack of competence.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:15 AM   #10
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3

where are you seeing the bad slowdown? Every thing that was an issue for me before was solved by switching off 5.1
Old 07-14-2004, 01:16 AM   #11
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm lost on this slowdown issue. I'm running the game in widescreen mode at 480p on a Mitsubishi 55" with monster component cables and I've yet to see any kind of slow down or framerate decrease. I played as ND vs. USC and the Coliseum was rocking pretty good a few times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 01:19 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

all I know is, reducing the sound to steroe makes the game awesome again. The framerate will stay mostly smooth, and when running up the middle at a big stadium, its real silky. Thanks again man.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:19 AM   #13
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

sorry, but I'm not turning my 5.1 off because of crappy programming on EA's part. But the slowdown is probably the least of what's wrong with this game anyway.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:20 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

where are you seeing the bad slowdown? Every thing that was an issue for me before was solved by switching off 5.1

I get it in big stadiums, mainly when the HFA kicks in. Passing takes a minor hit, but running is where it suffers. Mind you, with widescreen disabled, it's smoother than it was before, but there's still noticeable slowdown.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:21 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

So there must be a huge amount of defective copies out there right? Some get slowdown, some don't...you shouldn't have to strip down your settings to make the game playable, damn EA. PS2 version is turing out to be better if you don't care about live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 01:35 AM   #16
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

newsguy said:
Sorry to burst bubbles but it's not an ultimate fix. I've had mine in stereo since I got it and I still get bad slowdown. My guess is the more stuff the XBOX does, the more it taxes the system. So for example, you set everything in the dashboard to default, turn off HFA, and set the resolution to 480i. All of this combined will likely result in the smoothest framerate. Of course all of this is less than practical, and why should we go through the mission for EA's lack of competence.

My Sentiments Exactly^^^^Thank you!!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »