Home

Not feeling it

This is a discussion on Not feeling it within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 11:08 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Not feeling it

First of all since when did It get to the point that I cant say that Im not really into the game I for one liked the high scoring of 2004 and before now it plays alot like madden if im not feeling it thats just my opinion and for the o.s staff writer who said im trolling check my post history guy im far from a troll and not only did I donate to o.s I doubled what you guys asked for so dont disrepect me and call me a troll for me saying that I dont like the game because of the speed changes im sure im not the only one on this planet that feels this way I posted this after playing an online game with someone that felt the same way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 11:15 AM   #26
MVP

Jwally's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

nflnutt said:
First of all since when did It get to the point that I cant say that Im not really into the game I for one liked the high scoring of 2004 and before now it plays alot like madden if im not feeling it thats just my opinion and for the o.s staff writer who said im trolling check my post history guy im far from a troll and not only did I donate to o.s I doubled what you guys asked for so dont disrepect me and call me a troll for me saying that I dont like the game because of the speed changes im sure im not the only one on this planet that feels this way I posted this after playing an online game with someone that felt the same way.

Periods and paragraphs would make this easier to read.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:16 AM   #27
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

nflnutt said:

Don't worry man, you're not alone. There's a lot of people, me included, who are disappointed in the game. My disappointment lies in the fact that it's just not playable out of the box like it has been in the past.

I've played about 5 games and I think I'm completing about 10% of my passes. I've tried everything...short patterns, long patterns, screens, outs, and nothing works. If I do manage to find an open guy, he usually just drops the pass. I'm seeing wide open guys in the flat just drop 4 yard passes. I know it's not just me either. Every forum I go to, there are multiple threads about dropped passes.

I'm sure that in the coming days, some slider tweaks will have the game playing pretty well, but I stand by the fact that this game is woefully broken out of the box.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:30 AM   #28
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

If everyone was having the same problem(not being able to complete passes) then there would be a problem. But that's not the case. At first I was prett poor also. Then I realized the AI in 05 plays a much better game. Last year for the most part all passes were dead on or close to it. This year along with passes being not as precise, the AI DB' play the game much better. I could easily pick apart zones last year. This year TIMING is crucial. I have gotten better and hopefully will continue to do so. Most importantly though: Every game will have a somewhat different approach needed as the ratings of the defensive players come into play a lot more this year. Play a team with lower ability DB's, get them rattled...Big day!
For the first time in NCAA I feel that each game you play means you need to rethink what you will do.
I'll take all this over throwing for 350 yards a game once I master the controls, any day.
My .02
Old 07-14-2004, 11:42 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Let me say that I have not purchased the game yet, but I will "probably" do so tomorrow. I'm very concerned with what I'm hearing about the slower game play, which makes it more like Madden/sim. A couple things that separated NCAA from Madden was the speed, atmosphere, and college plays of NCAA. Now EA has taken away the wide open play making ability in NCAA!! Bad move IMO. NCAA 03 & 04 was so much fun because I knew that on any given play I could break it and weave my way past the opposition for the TD. Thats what makes college football (real and video games) fun! You always see big, UNEXPECTED plays, runs for 15 yrds a pop, options that go the distance by the QB, the mad craziness of the tempo; not the NFL 3 yard run here....short out pass there....pod your way down the field and kick the field goal to win 10-7!!!! I will be sadly disapointed if the gameplay is the speed of Madden and will wait for NFL2k5 next week for an NFL sim. Just my 2 cent; game on!
Old 07-14-2004, 11:44 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

nflnutt said:
for the o.s staff writer who said im trolling check my post history guy im far from a troll and not only did I donate to o.s I doubled what you guys asked for so dont disrepect me and call me a troll for me saying that I dont like the game

If you donated, why is your name not in light blue? All donators have a light blue name.

Also your post history is 75% in the ESPN Forum and an occasional post in the Madden forum bashing it and now in the NCAA forum bashing it. My guess is that's where the troll comment came from. It's not because you don't like NCAA, but because any post of yours in an EA forum slams EA and refers to them as being arrogant.

Onto the passing subject - I really struggled at first. The defense plays much better this year. It just takes practice. Unfortunately, most of the younger generation of today doesn't want to do that. They just want to sit down and win (and win by a lot). Just my opinion.....
Old 07-14-2004, 11:48 AM   #31
Rookie

jeafox's Arena

OVR: 2

How could you be bad at passing on 04? [censored] I was always like 28-32 525 7 tds....the new game though...like 8-20 110 4 ints....anyone know how to hit an open receiver, or make an open receiver catch the ball? tried make wr catching ability better, didnt work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 11:51 AM   #32
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

On another note in terms of the passing game:

This year, you MUST learn to lead your receivers! The analog passing is KEY to this year's game... last year you could get away without it... this year to excel it is a must!

A bold move on EA's part...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »