Home

Not feeling it

This is a discussion on Not feeling it within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-14-2004, 01:48 PM   #41
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Not feeling it

Quote:

Pared said:
Quote:

stoncold32 said:
Quote:

Pared said:
On another note in terms of the passing game:

This year, you MUST learn to lead your receivers! The analog passing is KEY to this year's game... last year you could get away without it... this year to excel it is a must!

A bold move on EA's part...

Pared I disagree. I've had more than one occasion on this years game where I hasve a WR running a cross pattern across the middle of the field with a LB chasing him. Therefore I know I need to lead him so the LB doesnt catch up and knock it down. ON 2005 it seems that the QB overthrows this pass way to often, whereas on 2004 if you press the button with just enough pressure he would throw an accurate pass.

In my opinion so far with gameplay 2004 is better, I dont feel any speed in this year game. If I'm using Justin Vincent or Darren Sprole I expect to be able to blow by a DT or DE when I break it to the outside. In 2004 playing against Oklahoma you werent breakin any 40 ydd runs, but in 2005 playing against UL Lafayette you cant do it either.

No, that's just it. It was easier last year... I like it better this year, the lower accuracy is more realistic, IMHO.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 01:50 PM   #42
Rookie

TylerDurdenVol's Arena

OVR: 4

This years version IS slower on x-box and it does diminish the gameplay experience for me.I'm glad I didn't trade in my copy of 2004.Just my opinion.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:56 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Trendon said:
Quote:

MFootball said:
The only real problem that I have is the difficulty of passing.

I was never a great passer on 2004, but I could hold my own. This year I can't do squat with the passing game, and it leads to low scores and tons of punts. I prefered the passing of '04, but the running of '05.

Meanwhile I am having the EXACT opposite. I've been using Nebraska since Bill Walsh football and even if I used Hawai'i (or equivalent Air Coryell-like school) I couldn't pass.

In this game, I am having assloads of trouble running the option, but can throw with ease.

I'm using Nebraska too and am the complete opposite. I created a custom playbook to have more of the I formations and thus more Option plays and I'm running it with ease. The triple option is the hardest thing for the CPU to stop now only if I could complete a stinking pass I could use the Option Pass as well. The fullbacks really have a nice time running up the middle. And I love how the players lean when you change their direction in a run.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:17 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was a little bummed at first with the speed of the game but I'm getting the hang of it now and all is well. The passing is a bit tricky, but I was never a big fan of passing anyways. I prefer to run the ball and I'm having tons of fun doing that.

That being said, I think people are going for the big play too often when passing. Believe me, it doesn't work. Again, I'm not much of a passer but I'm completing half of them. Most are short and I just hope to lead him enough so he can run for a few extra yards.

All in all. I'm pleased...
Old 07-14-2004, 05:53 PM   #45
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Skyboxer said:
If everyone was having the same problem(not being able to complete passes) then there would be a problem. But that's not the case. At first I was prett poor also. Then I realized the AI in 05 plays a much better game. Last year for the most part all passes were dead on or close to it. This year along with passes being not as precise, the AI DB' play the game much better. I could easily pick apart zones last year. This year TIMING is crucial. I have gotten better and hopefully will continue to do so. Most importantly though: Every game will have a somewhat different approach needed as the ratings of the defensive players come into play a lot more this year. Play a team with lower ability DB's, get them rattled...Big day!
For the first time in NCAA I feel that each game you play means you need to rethink what you will do.
I'll take all this over throwing for 350 yards a game once I master the controls, any day.
My .02

Sorry man, that is just not so. I have had mismatch after mismatch with Craphonso Thorpe and when I try and exploit that mismatch, the "rattled" db plays me like frigging Ronnie Lott. I've tried zipping the ball, lobbing the ball, waiting for the play to develop, throwing the ball early...I've tried everything and either the DBs are always there or my receiver drops the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 06:31 PM   #46
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

^^^^^^^^^^^ Thank you

I was playing my friend last night and I was using Georgia and he was K State. Shockley was a little too unbelievable after only being like 6/7 passing his freakin' HFA rating had shot up 11 points! Even though he was on my team I felt that was a little too cheap. I dont think this HFA should be able to turn in a player into Superman. I wish there was a way to turn off the HFA advantage and still keep the crowd meter and loud noise.

But there isnt, if you turn the HFA off the crowd sounds like they are almost not even there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »