Home

Dynasty Ideas?

This is a discussion on Dynasty Ideas? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2016, 11:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Dynasty Ideas?

NCAA is getting too easy, still my favorite game but I am beating top 25 teams on Heisman with a 75 overall Hawaii. Any suggestions for a new dynasty idea, house rules, or just ways to keep things interesting??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2016, 12:06 PM   #2
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Re: Dynasty Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnaked
NCAA is getting too easy, still my favorite game but I am beating top 25 teams on Heisman with a 75 overall Hawaii. Any suggestions for a new dynasty idea, house rules, or just ways to keep things interesting??
Yeah, IDK what sliders you play on, but I've always loved default on heisman, but it can become too easy... I actually sometimes move the cpu running ability to 100, and run defense to 75... Maybe move user and cpu qb to 25, and wr to 25 too... And sim special teams
Old 01-29-2016, 12:25 PM   #3
MVP

whughes's Arena

Use a custom slider set from thread here on OS, implement recruiting rules and stick to them, schedule harder opponents, stop cheesing the AI (not saying you do, just if you do it, stop), run an offense that you're not familiar with

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 01-29-2016, 01:01 PM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Hughes has a point with the sliders. Heres my tips:

-Sliders. Theres tons on here to play with. Bare minimum the CPU running game needs to be stepped up, its too easy to shut down the run and force them to pass all game.

-Recruiting restrictions help a lot. Mine are prestige based (see post #2 or 3 in my dynasty). Limit your total amount of 4* and 5* recruits, even the best programs don't get 15 of them in a class. Since you play as Hawaii, the restrictions could be fun and realistic. I.E. only in state, CA, and 1-2 states you play in during the season. It has really forced me to build my program instead of being a powerhouse by year 2.

-Storyline recruiting. Instead of building a juggernaut (even with restrictions), purposefully become an unbalanced team. Recruit a great offense, but a bad defense. Become like Baylor and Ok State...a high powered offense only matched by your inability to stop anyone from scoring. It creates an interesting storyline. You could do the other way too, build a defense up to 90 or 95 while your offense is still a 75.

-Use the WHOLE playbook. Its easy to find 10-15 plays that constantly work and just stick to those. Make a conscious effort to use the whole playbook. Make sure to run formations you never have before, you'll be surprised to find some plays are actually great for 3rd and 5, 3rd and 8, etc. If you use the whole thing, play calling becomes more complex and interesting.

-Change play books. This is the final thing...getting too good? Get a "new" OC and change your offensive attack. I.E. you go from air raid to option run. Suddenly you won't be so hot for a couple seasons until you can get the players for your system.

Major Boise State fan

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 01-29-2016 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:17 PM   #5
MVP

whughes's Arena

To add to my point about sliders, Louisiana-Lafeyette ran for 283 yards on me last night. Before that game I had the #3 rush defense giving up only 94 yards a game

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2016, 03:30 PM   #6
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

I'll second the suggestion to restrict your recruiting. Hard to dominate when your roster is comprised of average to below-average talent.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 01-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
To add to my point about sliders, Louisiana-Lafeyette ran for 283 yards on me last night. Before that game I had the #3 rush defense giving up only 94 yards a game
I was #3 against the run in 2015. Now with better sliders and poor DT's I'm #25. Still good, better than I should be...so CPU running game will be better next season.

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-29-2016, 05:10 PM   #8
MVP

whughes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I was #3 against the run in 2015. Now with better sliders and poor DT's I'm #25. Still good, better than I should be...so CPU running game will be better next season.
That was in year 7 of my CMU dynasty too. My defense is like 93 overall

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »