Home

IGN Review - 8.7

This is a discussion on IGN Review - 8.7 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 11:14 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: IGN Review - 8.7

I cant believe he said there werent any AI improvements. DBs are a hella of a lot better, in my first 3 games, my best passing performance was 10-26 for 175 yards. To compare to last year, after a week of playing it on the same difficulty, All American, I was averaging around 300 yards passing a game. Ive yet to throw a passing TD, maybe thats cuz I suck, but I really believe that EA made a great effort to make passing a ton harder this year, Hilary G just overlooked it, probably cuz in the games he plays, he runs all the time with Lonta Hobbs and Robert Merrill.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great Review....

Exactly how i feel about the game.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:26 AM   #11
MVP

Jwally's Arena

OVR: 8

It's not really the score that bothers me, It's the review. In it, he Hilary says that the graphics and AI haven't improved at all. When I play the game, I see smoother graphics and crisper animations than last year. Also, he says that the AI hasn't improved. I think the AI has improved in all areas, but especially in pass defense. It's a helluva lot harder to pass this year than it was last year, and you actually have to think and read to find holes in the zones.

More proof that IGN doesn't review sports games well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 11:29 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Now the million dollar (actually 50 dollar) question for me is this... I got bored with NCAA 2004's scripted gameplay last year and traded it in after 1 month. Is 05 that much better then 04 or should I just save my money?
Old 07-14-2004, 11:30 AM   #13
Banned

Buckaholic's Arena

OVR: 5

terrible review! He is wrong on virtually every count and IMO, this years game far surpasses last years. Great job EA. Whats sad is EA might take this pituful review and take it serious and end up building a whole new engine. Please don't.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:30 AM   #14
Banned

Buckaholic's Arena

OVR: 5

terrible review! He is wrong on virtually every count and IMO, this years game far surpasses last years. Great job EA. Whats sad is EA might take this pituful review and take it serious and end up building a whole new engine. Please don't.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:32 AM   #15
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

I like IGN, but I'm not a fan of their sports reviews. I wish they would actually review each console's game rather than just copy and paste all of them. I wish I had known about Operation Sports when NBA2k3 came out. It got a great review on IGNCube and I bought it and had a ton of fun at first, then found out there was a glitch that froze the game more than half of the time and I wasn't able to exchange it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »