Home

Making dynasty mode feel more organic

This is a discussion on Making dynasty mode feel more organic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #137
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Making dynasty mode feel more organic

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
the confidence or in the zone meter is actually when you use the coach cam and press down with the right analog i believe. it will give you the circle below each player. its blue for a cold player gray for neutral yellow for heating up and red for hot. when it turns yellow for the qb you can start throwing deep and he will be pretty accurate depending on his ratings.
Ah. I don't think I have that since I have to coaching perks. I like having to "feel that out" so to speak.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2018, 09:30 PM   #138
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

One of the things I have done with names to feel more organic is using streets to name players.

I like to change names, so they're not so generic, but I'm not the most creative. I start using street and city names I see to name players. It works well, as streets are often using someones name, and many are unique. From that I have gotten players such as:

-Dietrich Highland
-Ryan Newhall
-A.C. Sonora (currently recruiting him)
-Benji Idlewood (also currently recruiting)
-Eric Stecky

If I see a unique street name or city name, I write it down. I have a giant list of names to use in the future. It really helps make unique names that you wouldn't otherwise see in a dynasty, which feels more realistic/organic

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-20-2018, 11:38 AM   #139
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
One of the things I have done with names to feel more organic is using streets to name players.

I like to change names, so they're not so generic, but I'm not the most creative. I start using street and city names I see to name players. It works well, as streets are often using someones name, and many are unique. From that I have gotten players such as:

-Dietrich Highland
-Ryan Newhall
-A.C. Sonora (currently recruiting him)
-Benji Idlewood (also currently recruiting)
-Eric Stecky

If I see a unique street name or city name, I write it down. I have a giant list of names to use in the future. It really helps make unique names that you wouldn't otherwise see in a dynasty, which feels more realistic/organic
I never create a coach/player without using a random name generator. That's where I got the name "Merlin Fink" for your recruiting class. I also use a random number generator to determine everything else - race, apparel, alma mater, etc.

The one I use: http://random-name-generator.info/ra...n=100&g=2&st=3
Old 01-20-2018, 09:02 PM   #140
Pro

Man, this is one great thread. I am playing NCAA 14. I use real sounding but random names. Also, do you all change their ratings like speed, power, etc.? Is that cheating? I don't do it, just curious.

Back to the names. I have huge spreadsheet that I have one column of first names and one column of last names. I randomly pick or have my son pick a cell in the first name column and a cell in the last name column. I got a lot of names from students I teach or have taught and older college football preview magazines.

Also, I would have chosen journalism as my major and future career if it paid more. I enjoy sharing my dynasty outcomes on this site in a journalism format.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:33 AM   #141
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

I change 3-4 names a year and assign numbers as I “Honor” certain ones and keep them out of circulation.

I usually use a random name generator but I also will pull some colorful names out of the past of former athletes - the recruits are somehow related.

My all time favorite in my Auburn dynasty was Wonderful Monds V (there actually was an NFL player by that name!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2018, 09:06 AM   #142
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I like to change the sound settings to match the Madden 18 “on field” settings and play cpu vs cpu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #143
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

My name process... If the name is too John Smith for my taste I look up the high school team for the kids hometown on max prep. Go to roster, and randomly (or not) select a first and last name... Usually ones that match ethnicity wise. This way the player is like a small tribute to his actual high school team.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:40 AM   #144
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
My name process... If the name is too John Smith for my taste I look up the high school team for the kids hometown on max prep. Go to roster, and randomly (or not) select a first and last name... Usually ones that match ethnicity wise. This way the player is like a small tribute to his actual high school team.

I like that. You guys get way deeper into it than I do apparently. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »