Home

Solve your passing problems forever (no kidding) read here...

This is a discussion on Solve your passing problems forever (no kidding) read here... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 06:30 PM   #49
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Solve your passing problems forever (no kidding) read here...

I hope this works man, cus I can adjust back to this old style of passing for sure.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:59 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ok, apparently you have to manually control the dropback for the CPU to not take over and pass for you. I'm not sure if this is true yet, but it's what I heard. Somebody give it a shot. I'll try it when I get home. Sort of like how if you don't do anything on defense, the CPU controls your player (I hope I'm thinking of the right game). Kind of defeats the purpose of an automatic dropback though... or maybe there is no automatic dropback, it's just the CPU controlling the QB I don't know yet, I've only played 2 games so far so my info may be wrong.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:03 PM   #51
Rookie

jk5911's Arena

OVR: 3

You all, this really works. I have had to bump my sliders back down for qb accuracy and wr catching. You either need to have your feet planted or step into the pocket. If you can do it with the quick throw option thats good but I find it easier to plant my feet with normal. Now, if I could only get the cpu offense to move the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 07:12 PM   #52
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

MFootball said:
Quote:

mgoblue said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
I run a west coast offense normally. Have to have quick passing on. Makes it much easier to be effective in the 3 step passing game.

I like not having to hit A to bring up passing icons...and I honestly don't think that quick passing would affect leading the recievers...all it does is bring up the passing icons right after the snap, rather than making you hit a button.

It does affect it, or it seems to. I don't know how to explain it, but I like it much better without them on.

I have quick passing on. And 3 out of my last 4 games, (some online some offline) I have had completion pct's between 55% and 65%. I dont think quick passing has any effect on accuracy.

It doesn't. Just go into practice mode and mess with the sliders until the receivers start to catch the number of passes that you want. This quick pass thing is just like the dozens of bizarre tricks we tried to get the CPU to run more in 2004. I use quick passing and I'm over 50% every game now after some slider changes.

-bill
Old 07-14-2004, 07:20 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Bill_Abner said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

MFootball said:
Quote:

mgoblue said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
I run a west coast offense normally. Have to have quick passing on. Makes it much easier to be effective in the 3 step passing game.

I like not having to hit A to bring up passing icons...and I honestly don't think that quick passing would affect leading the recievers...all it does is bring up the passing icons right after the snap, rather than making you hit a button.

It does affect it, or it seems to. I don't know how to explain it, but I like it much better without them on.

I have quick passing on. And 3 out of my last 4 games, (some online some offline) I have had completion pct's between 55% and 65%. I dont think quick passing has any effect on accuracy.

It doesn't. Just go into practice mode and mess with the sliders until the receivers start to catch the number of passes that you want. This quick pass thing is just like the dozens of bizarre tricks we tried to get the CPU to run more in 2004. I use quick passing and I'm over 50% every game now after some slider changes.

-bill

Yeah, I agree. There are just too many variables to be able to say this quick passing thing helps ( composure being the biggest factor). I haven't tried it yet, so I won't say it's fake, but from a programming perspective, it makes no sense at all.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:53 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 21

Ok i just did some testing, with quick passing versus normal passing. This is concering the amount of dropped passes on curles and short passes over the middle. With Quick passing on, there are numerous drops all over the place, especially on curles, however, with the normal passing i saw almost none, if none, but this is with full WR catching on for both situations.

All of you shoudl go to practice mode to test this yourselves to see for yourself, because this is not just a placibo, something in the programing is screwy. But now dropped passes looked fixed and i am happy

Edit: Ive done some more testing and on one to two yard curls, this doesnt hold completely true, but to make sure the reciever catches it, you need to push up on the analog, and it makes sense, cause you are giving him a chest to eye high pass, as opposed to one around the mid section. But normal mode seems to be the way to go.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:56 PM   #55
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Here is what I did.

I went into practice mode because my passing sucked. I picked a play that had one of those stop and turn(button-hook) routes and the slot receiver doing a quick flat patten.

I realized that while the defense is in man coverage the button hook passes worked everytime, but if I switched to a zone defense the button-hook patterns did not work because there were always 2+ defenders there with me.

I have concluded that you have to recognize what the defense is playing at throw to the receiver whose pattern beats that coverage.

Try it for yourself. Go into practice mode with default sliders. Pick a Nickel cover 2 defensive play and a come back pattern passing play. You will complete a pass 90% of the time. Now switch the defensive play to a zone coverage. You will never complete that pass. If you pick a post pattern play on zone coverage you will complete the pass. Now swithc back to man, you wont.

This is something to take into consideration as you actually have to know what coverage the defense is using. I just dont know how to recognize this fast enough.

I have become better and my passing stats reflect this. My comp % has went up 15 point to a respectable 58%. This is on AA with default sliders. Quick passing on as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 08:37 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 7

Use that Pump fake, fellas. I find that when pump faking you may get one of their defenders to bite on the fake and you can just set and throw to a guy that has a little more room to make the catch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »