Home

Solve your passing problems forever (no kidding) read here...

This is a discussion on Solve your passing problems forever (no kidding) read here... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 08:40 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Solve your passing problems forever (no kidding) read here...

i think normal passing works best because those of us that have been playing EA games for a while have always been used to bringing up the passing icons ourselves. That's what i'm used to and that's why i'm going to use it.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:25 PM   #58
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7

I know it's early (and I'm not very good at joystick bashing) but I've tried all these passing "tricks" and can't get it to work worth crap. My receivers are still likely to catch a 40 yd hail mary and drop 3 straight 10 yd passes. What really frustrates me is, even if you do get better, the computer passing offense sucks. I don't know how that can be fixed. Hopefully after a while we'll get this figured out...right now...I'm disappointed overall.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:33 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

NY4Life said:
Use that Pump fake, fellas. I find that when pump faking you may get one of their defenders to bite on the fake and you can just set and throw to a guy that has a little more room to make the catch.

Hell yea, pump faking works.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:13 AM   #60
Rookie

jwb0581's Arena

OVR: 2

Two words

Manual catch. Manual catch. Manual catch.

Manual catch!!!
Old 07-15-2004, 02:48 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3

if you're moving the stick back when you snap the ball, the QB will NEVER throw for you with quick passing on. If the QB is throwing automatically, you're not controlling him from the snap of the ball. I don't know if this quick passing thing has any effect or not on dropped passes, but if it does, that's pretty screwed up on EA's part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 08:19 AM   #62
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Well, I had my best game of passing last night. It wasn't perfect, but my QB (Auburn's Jason Campbell) isn't the best. Anyway, I completed 40% of the passes for around 220 yards with a couple TDs. I threw one INT and got sacked 3 times. Still, it's the best passing game I've had. I'm getting more comfortable with it, but my main problem now is overthrowing the receivers, especially on crossing routes. What do you guys suggest on that? Is it because I'm running the direction I'm throwing in with the QB? I'm not using the control pad to lead or anything because I think the control stick does the same thing. Any suggestions on how to quit overthrowing them? Maybe I'm pressing the pass button too hard?
Old 07-15-2004, 08:34 AM   #63
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

when i went to turn 'quick passing' off under controller setup, i noticed two other options; didn't write it down, somthing like man shift off or auto, and some other type of shift. what do these options do?
Old 07-15-2004, 09:05 AM   #64
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

aukevin said:
Well, I had my best game of passing last night. It wasn't perfect, but my QB (Auburn's Jason Campbell) isn't the best. Anyway, I completed 40% of the passes for around 220 yards with a couple TDs. I threw one INT and got sacked 3 times. Still, it's the best passing game I've had. I'm getting more comfortable with it, but my main problem now is overthrowing the receivers, especially on crossing routes. What do you guys suggest on that? Is it because I'm running the direction I'm throwing in with the QB? I'm not using the control pad to lead or anything because I think the control stick does the same thing. Any suggestions on how to quit overthrowing them? Maybe I'm pressing the pass button too hard?

I'm guessing you're pushing the pass button too hard, because that causes you to zip the ball in there, and if you're leading him as you should be, zipping the ball too fast would cause you to throw in front of him where he has no shot to catch.

I'm getting a lot better at passing as time goes on, have to get a little better with the short routes, but that's my button pressing I think, xbox is a lot different than PS2, takes getting used to

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »