Home

Help Create My School! A Community Endeavor

This is a discussion on Help Create My School! A Community Endeavor within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Type Of Offense Will The GC Oilers Run?
Pro Style 7 31.82%
Air Raid 4 18.18%
Option Run 8 36.36%
Spread 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2016, 01:20 PM   #33
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Help Create My School! A Community Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandabear218
This might be asking too much, but could you possibly put up a picture of the options? If not it's ok I am just far more visual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't have a lot of time to bust into teambuilder this week. If we don't have voting in by next week I will do so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Ouch! No Powder Blue??? No Oilers logo??? Well, based off what you gave us, black and gold would work great. You could even do a Steeler theme and use the logo on only one side of the helmet!

So one vote for black and gold!

Edit: Here's the Oilers logo using your school colors... how can you not want this? It's here in plain and with a black background so you can see what it would look like on a black helmet.

Love it Doc! I'm all for the logo, just not the powder blue! I was thinking this, and maybe "OILERS" in cursive as an alternate, we will see though.

I'm for the Steelers influence. I used to do asymetric helmets a lot in teambuilder, IE one side would have the oil tower and the other says "Oilers."

Sorry to leave out the powder blue! As I said though its just too much alike to my Sonoma State colors! Like I also pointed out, I would need help making logos happen in most cases, so thanks for posting these. Personally, I like the gold/black combo the most. I gave options though that are all combos I like.

Major Boise State fan
Old 02-24-2016, 01:50 PM   #34
Rookie

The Dr swayed my opinion.

That Gold and Black looks crazy good with the Oilers logo. It gets my vote.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2016, 02:15 PM   #35
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Thats two for gold and black! I also added a poll for you guys to help pick my offense style.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 02:29 PM   #36
Rookie

I was thinking the gold and black color scheme as well. Unfortunately I am not able to vote on the poll, not sure why. Could you please add a vote for Air Raid.

Can't wait for the stadium lights to come on!
Old 02-24-2016, 03:02 PM   #37
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchi
I was thinking the gold and black color scheme as well. Unfortunately I am not able to vote on the poll, not sure why. Could you please add a vote for Air Raid.

Can't wait for the stadium lights to come on!
Thats odd, I'll remember it as a vote for air raid. 3 for gold and black already, quickly taking the lead!

Just a note to voters:
passing is my strong suit, so a pro style or run option will be the biggest challenge.

Major Boise State fan
Old 02-24-2016, 03:32 PM   #38
Rookie

Black and gold you cant go wrong with. Iowa and the steelers have it down. If you were to have gold as the main and black as the second im all in.
For my second choice it would be green and gold ( old high school colors). Green, gold and white just go so well together. Plus this option gives you an easy alternate uniform to make.
So black and gold is my vote.

As for the scheme i would go with option attack. Being a new school and coming into the FBS i think this is the easiest to make plays with and fins some players. I personally would after a couple of year hire a new OC and change it to a air raid offense when you can finally get the players to fit it better.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:52 PM   #39
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey7886
Black and gold you cant go wrong with. Iowa and the steelers have it down. If you were to have gold as the main and black as the second im all in.
For my second choice it would be green and gold ( old high school colors). Green, gold and white just go so well together. Plus this option gives you an easy alternate uniform to make.
So black and gold is my vote.

As for the scheme i would go with option attack. Being a new school and coming into the FBS i think this is the easiest to make plays with and fins some players. I personally would after a couple of year hire a new OC and change it to a air raid offense when you can finally get the players to fit it better.
love your in depth take. Gold is the primary, absolutely. I think it will be fun and unique to have the gold be the "primary" uniform, although both will be used often.

As for offense, this is just to get started. It will ebb and flow with different OC's

Major Boise State fan
Old 02-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #40
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19

Just a note to voters: passing is my strong suit, so a pro style or run option will be the biggest challenge.
Dude, there's a simple trick to making the Pro style offense work in this game. You may not know it, but many here do, I always use the Run & Shoot, the Air Raid or my 5-Wide offense.

However, I started a new dynasty with a created team... the North Dakota Raiders... we're in Grand Forks and using the Minnesota stadium as ours... I just pretend some company that starts with an M built the stadium for the school, so that's why there are all those M's around the stadium.

Anyway... here's the trick... start out every game with very short passes, preferably over the middle. I took Stanford's offense and got rid of some plays, added some plays, and added my 5-Wide but only two formations... both under center.

In my Pro offense every play is with the QB under center. No Shot-Gun, no Pistol. I'm currently in year 4 and have played two games, but using really tough sliders and my QB accuracy set at 5, here's my QB's pass completion percentage the first three years, along with TD's to INT's...

82.7 - 55 - 10
81.6 - 67 - 13
81.9 - 58 - 16

Those are amazing numbers and Stanford's offense has a ton of plays where you can get your guy warmed up with short, quick passes over the middle. Once he's on... and you can tell because he'll be throwing tight spirals and no wobbly passes... then the deep stuff comes into play.

Anyway, that's why I voted for Pro style because I too went from a wide open passing offense to the Pro style and have just fallen in love with it. Hope that helps!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »