Home

Bizarro World AI

This is a discussion on Bizarro World AI within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 07:55 PM   #1
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12
Bizarro World AI

Nice to see EA still has the crazy late game AI.

Here's the situation:

I'm playing against Miami of Ohio (I'm OSU) and I have the sliders to where I can pass and so can the CPU. It's a great game, I'm down 24-23 late in the 4th. Stats look good, etc.

I have to go for it on 4th down with less than 2 minutes to go and fail. The ball is at the OSU 40. They get it back and run 2 plays which I stuff and I call my last two time outs. On 3rd and 8 they go for the kill--a deep pass that falls incomplete.

What do they do on 4th down? They GO FOR IT. On 4th and 8 on my 39 yard line with about a minute left to go they go for it--if they fail all I need is a FG to win it and from the OSU 40 all Nugent needs is for me to get the ball about 25 yards downfield to have a good shot. A punt, even a touchback forces me to get into FG range starting at my 20 with just 1 time out and about 40 seconds left. A coffin corner pretty much kills me.

What kind of AI logic is this? The game is starting to grow on me but stuff like this just makes zippo sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 08:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Bizarro World AI

Hmmm that's pretty bad. You on Heisman or AA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »