Home

7-5 team not placed in a bowl game

This is a discussion on 7-5 team not placed in a bowl game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-29-2016, 10:46 AM   #17
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 7-5 team not placed in a bowl game

PS3 dynasty editor works fine. And the American conference has 3 bowl bids. What was your conference record?
Old 02-29-2016, 01:01 PM   #18
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdb12
PS3 dynasty editor works fine. And the American conference has 3 bowl bids. What was your conference record?
Aparentally not, only two american teams (ucf and louis) made it to bowl games, my conference record was 6-2, and I finished third in the conference behind ufc and Louisville
Old 03-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #19
Rookie

kc_brigade88's Arena

Here is what I have seen. IMO it's all about bowl tie-ins, at large bids, and conference realignment.

If you take the AAC auto bid away, the AAC is left with 4 spots for bowls games.

Russell Athletics, Belk, BBVA Compass, and one more. (If I remember correctly...)

If you realign the AAC to include Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, and Navy (and also kicking out Louisville to the ACC), youll have your 12 teams.

So, now you have 12 teams competing for 4 spots, but the problem I have seen has to do with the bowl tie-ins and at large bids. My last season, SMU and UConn both went to AAC bowl games....but in the 3 and 4 spots. Navy went to the Military bowl (per its contract while it was independent) so that opened up the top spot (Navy won the AAC Championship vs USF) in the AAC for an At-Large team in my dynasty. That ended up going to Northern Illinois vs. Florida State in the Russell Athletic.

My question to you then is, did you realign the conferences to what they are now? i.e. Idaho and NMSU in sunbelt, UMD and Rutgers in B1G? because I've done that it's helped a little.

From my last year I know

Navy - Military Bowl (Ind. Contract)
Cincinnati - ACC At large bid (GT went BCS)
Houston - Big 12 at large bid (OU went BCS)
UConn - AAC 3 spot
SMU - AAC 4 Spot

So my dynasty was able to place 5 AAC teams (albeit not in pecking order) but to me, it seems you're better suited to get a bowl game if you follow conference realignment.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:53 PM   #20
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_brigade88
Here is what I have seen. IMO it's all about bowl tie-ins, at large bids, and conference realignment.

If you take the AAC auto bid away, the AAC is left with 4 spots for bowls games.

Russell Athletics, Belk, BBVA Compass, and one more. (If I remember correctly...)

If you realign the AAC to include Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, and Navy (and also kicking out Louisville to the ACC), youll have your 12 teams.

So, now you have 12 teams competing for 4 spots, but the problem I have seen has to do with the bowl tie-ins and at large bids. My last season, SMU and UConn both went to AAC bowl games....but in the 3 and 4 spots. Navy went to the Military bowl (per its contract while it was independent) so that opened up the top spot (Navy won the AAC Championship vs USF) in the AAC for an At-Large team in my dynasty. That ended up going to Northern Illinois vs. Florida State in the Russell Athletic.

My question to you then is, did you realign the conferences to what they are now? i.e. Idaho and NMSU in sunbelt, UMD and Rutgers in B1G? because I've done that it's helped a little.

From my last year I know

Navy - Military Bowl (Ind. Contract)
Cincinnati - ACC At large bid (GT went BCS)
Houston - Big 12 at large bid (OU went BCS)
UConn - AAC 3 spot
SMU - AAC 4 Spot

So my dynasty was able to place 5 AAC teams (albeit not in pecking order) but to me, it seems you're better suited to get a bowl game if you follow conference realignment.
That's very interesting, and might explain it. Honestly, in the season I (UCF), along with 3 other teams in my conference got left out of bowl games; the AAC still had it's default bcs bowl tie in.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:16 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj2360
Hey guys, I just finished the regular season of my dynasty with USF, entering bowl season with high expectations, to find out my team was not invited to a bowl game. I am in the American conference, and we had 6 teams qualify for bowl games, yet only 2 teams made bowls, and I was one of the 4 teams cut. Has anyone ever had this happen? Is there any practical solution?

Easy solution brosif, DONT LOSE! .... Sorry just playing with you. That is very odd indeed. Its more likely has to do with some Rankings and team prestige etc. All them egg and butter ingredients mixed poorly into the coding of the game. As long as you know in your heart that your team is a Championship caliber team, no one can take that away from you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 11:55 AM   #22
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr862
Easy solution brosif, DONT LOSE! .... Sorry just playing with you. That is very odd indeed. Its more likely has to do with some Rankings and team prestige etc. All them egg and butter ingredients mixed poorly into the coding of the game. As long as you know in your heart that your team is a Championship caliber team, no one can take that away from you.
Hahaha brother ironically I entered week 14 as the top team in the AAC, posting a 6-0 record, with a 7-3 overall record... I was projected to play in the Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma, but after losing to UCF, I was still in the top spot in the AAC, but then week 15 I lost in overtime to Rutgers, and finished 7-5, 6-2 in AAC... Ultimately finishing 3rd in AAC behind Louisville and UCF, Louisville faced Oklahoma...
Old 03-02-2016, 12:57 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj2360
Hahaha brother ironically I entered week 14 as the top team in the AAC, posting a 6-0 record, with a 7-3 overall record... I was projected to play in the Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma, but after losing to UCF, I was still in the top spot in the AAC, but then week 15 I lost in overtime to Rutgers, and finished 7-5, 6-2 in AAC... Ultimately finishing 3rd in AAC behind Louisville and UCF, Louisville faced Oklahoma...

I would have lost it, That was like one year I went into the BCS Champ game ranked #2 as Southern Alabama, Well needless to say I won, but right after the game I was still Ranked #2 even going into the entire off season, The # 3 team lost so the #1 team which I beat remained number 1. I think after that I said enough and restarted a dynasty.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:26 PM   #24
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr862
I would have lost it, That was like one year I went into the BCS Champ game ranked #2 as Southern Alabama, Well needless to say I won, but right after the game I was still Ranked #2 even going into the entire off season, The # 3 team lost so the #1 team which I beat remained number 1. I think after that I said enough and restarted a dynasty.
South Alabama!? Hahaha good job man! Yeah dude that is a glitch, I've had it happen a couple times and it's annoying af.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »