Home

Gamespot's take on the server problems

This is a discussion on Gamespot's take on the server problems within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 11:31 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Gamespot\'s take on the server problems

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

p2xgamers said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

p2xgamers said:
Translation: It's a bug in the game and we were too dumb to find it.

Actually translation would be, we're experiencing the exact same problems that every other massive network service has ever encountered.

Why people are surprised by the initial connection issues is beyond me. This happened with XBL when it first rolled out, and with the NCAA PS2 servers last year, as well as ESPN's PS2 online leagues setup last year.

Get a grip people.

I just spent $50 on a game, when I have a long-list of things I want and this happens? There's no excuse. Period.

Then I would get out of the online video game market, because this kind of thing happens with just about every big time title that hosts their own service. If you had any clue about networking you might have a grasp of the problems they are probably facing.

Am I happy about the problems?? Hell no. But I do understand what's going on, and am not going to start spouting off ******* things like "they are too stupid to find the problem" when I myself have no inside knowledge of the issues.

Get a grip.

what was EA's profit last year? exactly.

the box should have said....."Full online capabilities may not be available until August" then. This isn't the first online title put out by EA. No excuse. none.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:15 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

HipsterSudz said:
the box should have said....."Full online capabilities may not be available until August" then. This isn't the first online title put out by EA. No excuse. none.

I fully agree with this. If EA is going to bitch and moan for the last couple of years that they wanted their own servers for Live (and make no mistake about it, it is all about the marketing data they can collect, has nothing to do with making a better online experience for the gamers) and when Microsoft gives it to them and on their launch game I and many others waste hours trying to log into those servers when everything else on Live is working just fine...frankly I'm pissed, and when ESPN comes out next week NCAA will probably get turned into a dynasty only game for me again. They say that there was "unexpected volume"...WTF? They sell tons of copies of their games, online or not and they had to expect with the volume of preorders that most of those people going to the trouble of reserving a copy would probably want to hop online to play when they picked up the game. I really wanted to play this online, but in the 5+ hours I have now spent trying to get on the servers, I have been able to connect and play 1 regular game that according to my web page didn't even get picked up on my win/loss record (thank goodness, I got killed) and 2 OT games. Frankly, I can't believe more people aren't really pissed about this too.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:09 AM   #19
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

well, I finally got online last night and was able to browse around the lobbies. I tried to play one game and we got disconnected a couple minutes into it, but that's okay. I realize they are having server problems, I just didn't like that I was getting a database error when I tried to sign in. I don't know if it helped, but I went under the XBox dashboard and did the connection testing for XBox Live. After that, I reloaded NCAA and was able to go right into the online server.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:40 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

People need to understand this is the FIRST EA Sports game on XBL. Its going to take time... Obviously, EA Sports under-estimated the XBL market and didn't expect such high volume.

Also, the NCAA 2005 has been out for a few days! Relax people... If this was an issue after two months, I would understand the negativity but after three days?

Patience.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:01 AM   #21
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

sure, EA's done different online games before, but not on Xbox Live. There's no way to test for the load on the servers you get when the game's released. I'm pissed too, I want to play online just like the rest of you, but it's not like EA didn't put the effort in, stuff like this just can't be anticipated when you're dealing with networks that will have a huge load
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »