Home

Guys, after playing around 15 games...

This is a discussion on Guys, after playing around 15 games... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 10:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Guys, after playing around 15 games...

I'm REALLY starting to fall in love with the game. I don't even notice the slowdown anymore, as after I switched my sound to stereo, it seems as though it's gone. Me and my friend have been having a blast playing it. I think if you all just keep playing the game, you'll get adjusted to the slower gameplay and have fun. This is the first NCAA I have bought in years, and I'm really enjoying it. And I think once the EA Servers get fixed, it will be even more fun. Not to mention playing in Dynasty Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 10:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Guys, after playing around 15 games...

Quote:

SportsGamer587 said:
I'm REALLY starting to fall in love with the game. I don't even notice the slowdown anymore, as after I switched my sound to stereo, it seems as though it's gone. Me and my friend have been having a blast playing it. I think if you all just keep playing the game, you'll get adjusted to the slower gameplay and have fun. This is the first NCAA I have bought in years, and I'm really enjoying it. And I think once the EA Servers get fixed, it will be even more fun. Not to mention playing in Dynasty Mode.

I agree. Its a complete game. The difference in gameplay are not night and day but the problems of last year are better.

I just wish there was a SimOut feature like they had in MVP. I just got whooped 35-0 and had to sit through it.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:39 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

I've only played 4 games so far (on default everything), and I am really enjoying it.

Regarding the "slowdown," I am not sure if it is intentional or not. I actually like the fact that it slows down on run plays, because I am able to see holes better and turn 2 yard runs into 8-10 yard runs.

Furthermore, I have seen replays that show 10+ players on the screen, zoomed in (run play, pile up), and there was no slowdown or stutter.. So I am thinking that the slowered run game may be intentional, and not slowdown. Again, it's possible I am not experiencing the full "effect" that others are (normal TV, normal red, white, yellow cables), but I actually prefer to slower run pace, because it allows me to do more.

So far I am enjoying the game a lot.

I am predicting Purdue to be a team used a lot online. They have a great receiving corps and lit me up for 300+ yards through the air. They also have pretty good D (secondary is average), and I had to completely alter my gameplan from a passing game to a running game, to comeback from being down 2 TDs at the half, and winning by 10 when the 4th quarter ended.

I'm enjoying the game a lot, and really like how the players' ratings fluctuate based on how they perform in individual games.

Take care.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah man, I really like how the players ratings will drop during the game. I was playing my friend, and my QB was really starting to suck, so I subbed in my backup, and he succesfully brought my team down the field and scored a td. This game really rocks about things like that.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:37 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

my friend is using Florida Atlantic in our dynasty, his QB was in amidst of a 1-21 game and at one point he was down (-12). thats the biggest differential I've seen so far, he was just straight pathetic...we'll see if that one horrible game has an effect on his whole season.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »