Home

Is NCAA 2005 a patch upgrade or a new game?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA 2005 a patch upgrade or a new game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 02:28 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Is NCAA 2005 a patch upgrade or a new game?

Quote:

heelsman22 said:
hogfan hits the nail on the head... graphics can only go so far, and while i agree they arent perfet they are better. how much did you really expect them to do... do you have any idea how long it takes to make a video game including making new graphics, rosters, cutscenes, settings, upgrades, plays, and adding more depth to an already deep Dynasty mode? listen, you dont like the game? then dont come to us and whine about what didnt change. you should focus on the great changes that did happen.

Like what?

And no, it doesn't take forever to make NCAA 2005. It's a rehash of 2004.

Don't like my complaints? Don't read my posts. I will say what I want when I want to, and you have absolutely no say in the matter. Deal with it.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:29 AM   #10
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

NMSU said:
Quote:

heelsman22 said:
hogfan hits the nail on the head... graphics can only go so far, and while i agree they arent perfet they are better. how much did you really expect them to do... do you have any idea how long it takes to make a video game including making new graphics, rosters, cutscenes, settings, upgrades, plays, and adding more depth to an already deep Dynasty mode? listen, you dont like the game? then dont come to us and whine about what didnt change. you should focus on the great changes that did happen.

Like what?

And no, it doesn't take forever to make NCAA 2005. It's a rehash of 2004.

Don't like my complaints? Don't read my posts. I will say what I want when I want to, and you have absolutely no say in the matter. Deal with it.

I think someone needs there coffee...
Old 07-15-2004, 02:56 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is the first year I chose not to buy NCAA Football in 4 years. I used to be a Madden diehard until NCAA came out stole the show. NCAA has been the best game of football for the past several years (imo) but this year it just didn't seem like a real upgrade from '04.

After reading about the improvements made in '05 I just didn't feel $50 was justified. Sure, some of the tweaks and features are nice but just reading about some of the others (players not running the correct routes when rattled) just seem to take an element of control out of the game I want. I think the topic of this post really sums it up nicely. Overall, I'm sure NCAA '05 is better than '04 (in some respects)...it's just doesn't look $50 better from what I've read and seen.

I may not be giving '05 a fair shake since I really haven't played it but I remember how excited I was when reading about NCAA '04 last year (compared to '03). When I got it home, I wasn't dissapointed. NCAA '04 was everything I expected it would be after reading and watching all the game footage. NCAA '05 just doesn't seem to be the same calibre of upgrade that NCAA '04 was to NCAA '03.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 03:04 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 17

I'll tell you guys this much. IMO, NCAA '05 is just as much an upgrade to '04 as '04 was to '03. In fact, it may be more. The subtle gameplay changes really make it SO much more enjoyable than last years effort. I believe the poster above me said he doesn't like the fact that audibling at the line can be taken out of his hands. Do you think that real college QB's like that either when 85,000 screaming fans make it impossible to get the new route to WR? EA implemented a feature that, on the surface seems cosmetic, really adds to the GAMEPLAY of this year's version. NCAA '05 is about as much an upgrade as one should realistically expect to be from '04. The bottom line is that when you sit down and play the game. It's FUN. THE GAME IS FUN TO PLAY. BOTTOM LINE.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:23 AM   #13
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

I didnt know the XBOX was patchable. Hmmm.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:36 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's just a patch upgrade, that's all. I wouldn't get it if I were you. Just wait for your precious little ESPN to come out. BA BYE!
Old 07-15-2004, 03:42 AM   #15
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm lovin the game so far, my only gripe is EAs crap set up for Xbox Live, half the time I can't get logged in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 06:07 AM   #16
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

the best thing for all the nay sayers to do is play a game on '04 on default with no slider changes on any difficulty level you want. Then play that exact same game with the same settings with the exact same teams on '05 and look at the difference. I guarantee a huge difference in scores for the two games and just the entire game in general. 2005 is a huge improvement in my opinion. Like it was stated earlier, video games are really hard to make. These guys work year round just to create one game a year. They probably will be starting making 2006 real soon if they haven't already. They dont get a chance to enjoy the success of a game because they are always on the clock. As soon as one is done its on to the next, so its really hard to dramatically improve a game with so much stuff in one year. But this year is way improved over last year and anyone who disagrees obviously doesnt pay attention to detail.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »