Home

I dont understand you people

This is a discussion on I dont understand you people within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 02:23 AM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
I dont understand you people

I respect most of your opinions on this board as I've been posting here awhile, and for those of you with something INTELLIGENT to say, please give me a GOOD(not a, I have to justify my $50 bucks spent so I can ease my consciense answer) response as to how you can say this game is soo much greater when you have OL ranked 90 and above that just let defensive players blow right past them.

How is it realistic that a DL batted one of my balls and it sat there getting tipped around for a full 5 secs?

How is it realistic that some of the highest rated WR's in the game drop simple passes(not bullet passes either? Why even have a catch rating if it doesnt work.

Why cant top rated QB's throw a str8 pass like you could do in 2004, without overthrowing?

The LB are able to jump too high and block passes that are going high over their heads.

I just dont feel the ability to break a big play on this game. I dont want to get a big play every time but I do expect some if I'm playing against the #100 team in the country.

And this HFA is just stupid IMO, its overdone and why should the players on my HOME LSU team get rattled against UL Lafayette, and give up big plays. Everybody knows that real life that is never the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 02:28 AM   #2
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: I dont understand you people

*sighs* First of all, to counter most of your above questions...try adjust the sliders sometimes. And second of all, here are all the big improvements/new features that I think make 2005 worth the $50 -

- Improved graphics/animations
- Defensive AI is amazing this year
- Online play for XBOX
- WR's drop catches!
- QB's actually overthrow!
- Defense is fun
- Match up stick
- Home Field Advantage

...should I go on?
Old 07-15-2004, 02:32 AM   #3
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

take it back.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:34 AM   #4
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

Quote:

p2xgamers said:
*sighs* First of all, to counter most of your above questions...try adjust the sliders sometimes. And second of all, here are all the big improvements/new features that I think make 2005 worth the $50 -

- Online play for XBOX
- WR's drop catches!
- Defense is fun
- Match up stick
- Home Field Advantage

...should I go on?

Yeah go on and I'll stop you when you say something thats good about this game. Did you even read my post? Almost everything you said is something that I said is a problem. and I know about sliders but the problem is at this point if I adjust the sliders it gets too easy, whereas 2004 had an in between where it was just hard enough to give you a beating if you didnt play hard.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:37 AM   #5
MVP

If you don't like the game, don't play it. trade it in and get something you like instead. There, problem solved.

Actually, you make some valid points. The tipped passes thing is kinda annoying, but most of the time they just fall harmlessly to the ground.

-the WR catch thing is annoying as well, but that's why you manually catch the ball. All but eliminates that problem.

-Im not really having trouble persay, getting big plays. i mean, they're not coming in buckets or anything, but I can occasionally get one. As a matter of fact, I had an 82 yrd play-action pass for a TD in my last game with ND vs. Auburn

Although this year's game has the same engine as all of the previous NCAA's, there's a lot of subtle changes that when put together, amount for a pretty different NCAA experience. It's all about adjusting to them and calling the right plays. For me, I was getting burned alot in coverages and such, and still do sometimes when I feel I shouldn't, but i seem to be getting better at it with every game. I feel your pain on alot of your gripes, but it's still a helluva game, and I hope you can enjoy it as much as the rest of us are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 02:37 AM   #6
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

p2xgamers said:

- Online play for XBOX
- WR's drop catches!
- Defense is fun
- Match up stick
- Home Field Advantage

...should I go on?

I think it's about damn time that the defense is better than the offense; it makes you earn it. Within a few weeks, you'll be hitting your big plays and loving the game. As far as being rattled at home, that is a direct reflection of your coaching. If you are only completing 30% of your passes, getting stuffed on running plays, getting your QB hit repeatedly because you won't get rid of the ball quickly, then your players' confidence will indeed drop. Take it back and let some lucky guy get the game on the cheap; he'll be getting a Hell of deal if you ask me.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:38 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why do you care if we like the game? If you don't like it, take it back. Those of us who do really don't need to defend our case, it is just a damn fun game PERIOD.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:40 AM   #8
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

the_future420 said:
If you don't like the game, don't play it. trade it in and get something you like instead. There, problem solved.

Actually, you make some valid points. The tipped passes thing is kinda annoying, but most of the time they just fall harmlessly to the ground.

-the WR catch thing is annoying as well, but that's why you manually catch the ball. All but eliminates that problem.

-Im not really having trouble persay, getting big plays. i mean, they're not coming in buckets or anything, but I can occasionally get one. As a matter of fact, I had an 82 yrd play-action pass for a TD in my last game with ND vs. Auburn

Although this year's game has the same engine as all of the previous NCAA's, there's a lot of subtle changes that when put together, amount for a pretty different NCAA experience. It's all about adjusting to them and calling the right plays. For me, I was getting burned alot in coverages and such, and still do sometimes when I feel I shouldn't, but i seem to be getting better at it with every game. I feel your pain on alot of your gripes, but it's still a helluva game, and I hope you can enjoy it as much as the rest of us are.

Thats what I'm talking bout

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »