Home

XBOX Slowdown worse when playing with SNOW !!

This is a discussion on XBOX Slowdown worse when playing with SNOW !! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 08:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
XBOX Slowdown worse when playing with SNOW !!

Hi Dudes, Well, I was only seeing a very slight slowdown for the first couple games I played and really did not bother me at all. Then last night I played a game with major snow and wind and it really seemed to SLOW the game down. To the point where it DID bother me.....anyhoo, just an observation. I hardly get any snow games in dynasty mode anyway, so i guess I can live with it. Besides that, I LUV the game!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 08:55 AM   #2
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Re: XBOX Slowdown worse when playing with SNOW !!

Maybe they will make some patch through XBL to improve performance. I've noticed a little more slowdown in the snow, but I've also noticed on my friends Xbox that it is worse and I believe it may have to do with the DVD drive on his being an older type??
Old 07-15-2004, 09:07 AM   #3
Rookie

ddonnelly19's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: XBOX Slowdown worse when playing with SNOW !!

I've got the classic setup for the XBOX slowdown -- older DVD drive, HDTV/widescreen, 5.1 sound, blah blah blah....

Played two nights ago, decided to play at Arrowhead Stadium (which, for some reason, the announcers say we're in Houston instead of KC) -- SSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Almost unplayable.

Last night, played at KSU stadium. No slowdowns. Perfect speed, won 97-0.

I figured, what's the difference between the two games? Well, Arrowhead has grass, and KSU Stadium has astroturf (well, they really have field turf, but that's another story...). I remember some years ago Madden 98 had the same issue on the PC -- games on astroturf played fine, but play on grass and it was like playing on a Pentium 133 with a Rendition 3D card.

Or, it could be simply that some stadiums just have too much detail. I don't know, and I've only really played two games to test this theory, but might be something others want to try out, playing on different surfaces.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »