Home

I shouldn't have to try so hard to make this game fun...

This is a discussion on I shouldn't have to try so hard to make this game fun... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 03:27 PM   #17
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: I shouldn\'t have to try so hard to make this game fun...

Quote:

mgoblue said:
EA can't win...people cry that the game's too easy, or they cry that it's too hard...there is no middle ground. Personally, I like the challenge, especially in passing. Each game I get better and better

"Sorry but I don't have hours and hours of sparee time to waste trying to make this game fun to play. "

Yet you have time to complain?

Return game to store while you can still good trade in value and get something that makes you happy.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:32 PM   #18
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

tommygunn said:

This year reviews are definitely mixed.

IGN 8.7 out of 10 87.0%
Playstation Magazine 4.5 out of 5 90.0%
PSM Magazine 10 out of 10 100.0%
Electronic Gaming Monthly 9.17 out of 10 91.7%
GamePro 5 out of 5 100.0%
Game Informer 9.25 out of 10 92.5%
PXDN Gamer 9.1 out of 10 91.0%

Doesn't look mixed to me, but one's man's trash is another man's treasure. Who are we to tell you to like the game? If you don't like it, take it back.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:53 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Specifically about the game, I'm a 51 year old software engineer, IEEE member and MIS manager. I've been in the computer industy since 1979. I've programmed computers and applications from the CDC Cyber 190 mainframe to the current PC. One thing I learned, people use software from business applications to computer/console games very differently from one another. User interfaces from command prompts to bit mapped displays to realism in sports games can only be designed to a broad user base to sell a product. Statistics based on realtime events can only be accurately programmed without various unpredictable user participation.

I'm sorry, but I have to, buddy...Nerd Alert!
Old 07-15-2004, 04:41 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

milbrewcity said:
Quote:

Specifically about the game, I'm a 51 year old software engineer, IEEE member and MIS manager. I've been in the computer industy since 1979. I've programmed computers and applications from the CDC Cyber 190 mainframe to the current PC. One thing I learned, people use software from business applications to computer/console games very differently from one another. User interfaces from command prompts to bit mapped displays to realism in sports games can only be designed to a broad user base to sell a product. Statistics based on realtime events can only be accurately programmed without various unpredictable user participation.

I'm sorry, but I have to, buddy...Nerd Alert!

No problem. I've been in the business long before the term "Nerd" became fashionable. Just keep in mind that the technology to program the games, the internet forums, game consoles and realistic graphics rendering originated from a lot of Defense department cryptologists, programmers, scientists and engineers who devoted thier lives to the technologies. In facts the first casualty of the Vietnam war was a civilian NSA cryptologist.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:50 PM   #21
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

take it back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 04:53 PM   #22
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

You don't need to come on here and complain about the game, just take it back if you don't like it! I like the passing game, last year it was much too easy. Maybe you just suck at passing? The zone is very difficult to beat this year, with a little practice, I'm sure you would find the passing game fun. As for it being inferior to last year's game, what a joke!
Old 07-15-2004, 05:44 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Don't know what you're talking about. Just got the game today and played one game VaTech(me) @ Florida. I lost 14-20 but had an absolute blast. Only adjustment I made was improve Human WR Catching.

Only thing that surprised me was the speed. It seems slower but I'm used to the speed now so it's no problemo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »