Home

i just beat the 4th ranked guy on xbox live and he pulled the plug !!!

This is a discussion on i just beat the 4th ranked guy on xbox live and he pulled the plug !!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 06:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
i just beat the 4th ranked guy on xbox live and he pulled the plug !!!

my gamertag is "eastjam" and i was playing "FTR TH3 TRUTH" on xbox live. he was 22-4 and was ranked 4th in the nation.

he was up 20-0 at the half. he told me that if i didn't wanna play i could just click on "concede game". but i told him i would keep playing.

i re-established my running game and started playing solid coverage defense and things started happening. I made an amazing comeback and won the game 21-20.

he missed a last second field goal and there was still 1 second on the clock. i got posession back and then it said "opponent has lost connection." which means either he quit or pulled the plug (im not sure which).

it gave me the option of either continuing vs. computer or ending the game as if it never happened. i decided to continue the game, of course, and just kneeled it and won the game.

now i go to the leaderboard and it still hasnt given me the win. its been about 30 minutes so far.

i called tech support and they just said to wait, but they have had these problems from other callers.

3 other games that i've played have never counted either. 2 wins and a loss. some games that i've played afterwards have counted, but usually when my score doesnt update after a couple minutes then i never get a result.

this is frustrating because its not rewarding me for winning.

i dont feel like playing online again after beating the 4th ranked guy and not having anything to show for it.

peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 06:20 PM   #2
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: i just beat the 4th ranked guy on xbox live and he pulled the plug

Quote:

ballaholics said:
i dont feel like playing online again after beating the 4th ranked guy and not having anything to show for it.

In my book you're just as lame as him...don't feed into that "BE #1 in the NATION" crap that EA feeds. If you want great online games, just go into the OS room on XBL if you want to play some good ol' college pigskin.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:00 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

it counted my game.. THANK GOD.

by the way ... its not lame to wanna get your name to count. i'll start going to the OS room, too.

peace
Old 07-15-2004, 07:10 PM   #4
Pro

Mountaineer6's Arena

OVR: 5

heres the deal..
when someone pulls the plug.. it usually means
they just turned their machine off..

so when you finish the game..
and then they sign back on to play again, the
server will remember the game and then both players
will get credit for the loss or win...
which ever happens for that respective player..
Old 07-15-2004, 07:11 PM   #5
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

how do you get to the OS Room ? I'm tired of plug pullers. When Im losing, I play the whole game. I had four guys quit on me last night, and three of the four didn't count.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 07:12 PM   #6
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

ballaholics said:
it counted my game.. THANK GOD.

by the way ... its not lame to wanna get your name to count. i'll start going to the OS room, too.

peace

I agree with nivek here, I could care less about my intenet cred going up on a game's ranking board. Plus to play the top guys you deal with so much cheese it's not fun, I prefer to play straight up football. Just ask NYJets about the Inside Drive national XSN tourney, that was a disaster
Old 07-15-2004, 07:54 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

gr8fuldave said:
how do you get to the OS Room ? I'm tired of plug pullers. When Im losing, I play the whole game. I had four guys quit on me last night, and three of the four didn't count.

It's easy...you gotta have three people who think they're better than what they are try you out and wait for the password ... Oh wait did I say that here? Seriously though just look for the room OS NCAA. the password is opsports
Old 07-16-2004, 02:41 AM   #8
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:

Wsv771 said:
It's easy...you gotta have three people who think they're better than what they are try you out and wait for the password ... Oh wait did I say that here?

Quote of the [censored] year!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »