Home

Did EA leave out the discipline feature for the huma player?

This is a discussion on Did EA leave out the discipline feature for the huma player? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 11:55 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Did EA leave out the discipline feature for the huma player?

I've simmed some dynasty for fun and I've noticed that I haven't had any discipline issues with any players. I really didn't think about it until I got this from the Gamespot review...

There was also supposed to be a new discipline feature included in NCAA 2005, where your players would sometimes end up disrupting your program with personal issues, such as missed classes. It would be up to you to apply suspensions or otherwise to maintain order in your program. However, we never actually managed to run into a discipline issue during our play-testing. We tried simulating a few years each with both Cal and Miami, and never once was our simulation stopped to warn us of disciplinary issues. This is particularly surprising, especially given that the real-life University of Miami can't go a few weeks without a problem case, let alone a few years.

I've seen the CPU shools have players suspended, etc. but not human. Has ANYONE had any disciplin issues with their actual team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 12:02 AM   #2
Rookie

macatak911's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Did EA leave out the discipline feature for the huma player?

you have to go to features then rosters then theres a section for discipline....with new infractions week by week.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:04 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

it's in there jistic you just might have a bunch of pansy players who don't get in trouble. I started a dynasty with michigan and going into my first game i had a player i had to dicipline and 2 weeks later i had to dicipline my back up hb and lineman in the same week so yeah it's in there.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:11 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

That's good news. Thanks for the quick response!
Old 07-16-2004, 12:11 AM   #5
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

I simmed a season initially and I don't remember it asking me to discipline players.

However, when you play each game in your dynasty, there will be an alert of your players getting into trouble. It doesn't happen every week, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 12:16 AM   #6
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Jistic said:
I've simmed some dynasty for fun and I've noticed that I haven't had any discipline issues with any players. I really didn't think about it until I got this from the Gamespot review...

There was also supposed to be a new discipline feature included in NCAA 2005, where your players would sometimes end up disrupting your program with personal issues, such as missed classes. It would be up to you to apply suspensions or otherwise to maintain order in your program. However, we never actually managed to run into a discipline issue during our play-testing. We tried simulating a few years each with both Cal and Miami, and never once was our simulation stopped to warn us of disciplinary issues. This is particularly surprising, especially given that the real-life University of Miami can't go a few weeks without a problem case, let alone a few years.

I've seen the CPU shools have players suspended, etc. but not human. Has ANYONE had any disciplin issues with their actual team?

Jistic, it's in the game, it's just that the Recruiting Assistance and the Discipline Assistance are both turned on by default so you never see it. To change it go to:

Coach Options ---> Strategy ---> Hit the black or white button from here and you can turn Recruiting and Discipline assitance off.

One bad part about this that I have noticed is that if I simulate a whole season in one shot and have discipline assistance off they get in trouble but I never get notified. So it would be a real quick way to get in ALOT of trouble with the NCAA. If go to play the game like normal and let it sim all of the games ahead of you for that week it will pop up a box letting you deal with any problems just before you go into the game. So in order for it to work right when simming a season you have to do one week at a time and also go into your game as if you were gonna play it and let all the games ahead of it sim. If you go right off and uncheck your game for the week and sim it it the discipline message still wont come up.

Anyhow its there, but if you are simming it can be a pain if not set to assisted.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:24 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

has anyone got put on probation as a human team?
Old 07-16-2004, 12:30 AM   #8
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

In the season I'm in right now, 5 players have already gotten in trouble and I'm only half way through it. 3 of the were key players and it has really hurt my season.

But if your asking if anyone has gotten the death penalty? I doubt it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »