Home

Team Stats...specifically rushing yards

This is a discussion on Team Stats...specifically rushing yards within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2004, 06:42 PM   #1
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8
Team Stats...specifically rushing yards

I started a dynasty using SMU and Jistic's sliders (the one with 8 for run blocking). By the way, if you don't know already, Jistic's slider rock this game!! Look for them in the slider thread!!

Okay, back on track...

Anyways, everytime I get sacked (8 times, second in the WAC), my rushing yards take a huge hit. I've played 2 games so far and I'm 0-2 (Texas Tech won 31-17 and TCU won 29-16).

Well, Riquel Massey, my (r) Freshman HB rushed for 88 yards on 20 carries and 2 TDs against TCU. My QB was sacked 3 or 4 times. Anyways, when I exited the game against TCU (thus becoming 0-2), I checked out the rankings in the Team Stats against the rest of WAC. I sorted the rushing yards and I came out to be in dead last amongst all teams that had played 2 games and second to dead last against all the teams (including the ones that have only played 1 game). So my question is this:

Has it always been this way in real life where everytime the QB gets sacked, they subtract from the rushing stats?

I don't think that is how it should be. I mean, you get sacked when passing, not rushing. So why are they taking away from the rushing yards causing teams to suffer in that category.

The my other question is this: Why can't either EA or even both the NFL and NCAA just tally up all of the sack yards and subtract it from the Total Offense rather than cause one offensive category to suffer every time? I have a good running game going (well, kind of really, lol) but the team stats do not show it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 06:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Team Stats...specifically rushing yards

It has been that way as long as I can remember.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:05 PM   #3
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

BARAK said:

damn that sucks. it completely skews the rushing totals in the wrong direction. I don't see why they or even the live sport track it like that. I would subtract the sack yards from the Total Offense so as not to cause confusement.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

there has been talk of changing how sacks affect the total yardage. there are some - although not enough - that want to treat it the same way the pros do, i.e. taking the yardage away from the passing game. of course, the NCAA being what it is, it will likely take 50 more years to make that change should they chose to do so.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

BARAK said:

This has been a major complaint of many a college fan, and probably many more Quarterbacks. Think of all the true passing quarterbacks who hardly ever run they could possibly finish their college career with negative rushing yards...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »