Home

you have to run the ball

This is a discussion on you have to run the ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2004, 08:03 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: you have to run the ball

7 of 40, thats music to my ears
Old 07-16-2004, 08:05 PM   #10
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

I can't stand people that play like that. He dropped back with Greene about 30 yards then just lobbed the ball in the air. I completely shut him down with ND's sorry DBacks.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:10 PM   #11
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

simgameonly said:
well for people who pass every down, then bitch about the passing, i hope they struggle forever and hate the game because of their own stupidity.

just my 2 cents

No offense, but thats a dumb response, just as dumb as the people you are down on. I dont care if you throw it 98 times a game, there is no way, NO WAY, that if you throw to a guy thats wide open, he will drop it 6 times out of 10. There is also, to my knowledge, no way for an AI DB to be able to see through the back of his helmet that a QB is throwing to his left, then be able to break on the ball, the instant its thrown, run 20 yards, and meet 5 of his other DB's to swat it away.

Come on. Not everyone having problems is a arcade noob that is playing to pass and cheese. Believe it or not, even some of us people that have played Madden back to 1991, and NCAA back to Bill Walsh, and played football into college (so we know the game) are having problems also.

Lets not lump the entire community into what I am sure is a small minority of gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 08:18 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Yes running the ball is key, but you gotta understand to, not EVERY TEAM and Coach follow that philosophy of run sets up pass. For some coaches it's the other way around. Pass sets up run. When Bill Walsh ran his West Coast offense in both the Pro's and in College it was always a matter of controlling the clock with the passing game. The always passed on first down according to him anyway. The simplistic responses do not take into account the complexity of what really goes on in a football game. I think the complaints about the passing game are legitimate, but I say that "softer" than most who are making alot of noise about it. I just accept it as one of those sets of issues that we will have to deal with. It's not the totality of the game. But it would be nice every once in a while for my wide open WR to catch the ball
Old 07-16-2004, 08:18 PM   #13
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

I might add that while passing problems don't hurt me as much because I run all the time, when I do pass, I still have problems. I usually end up like 2/7. I need those seven passes to be complete, or else I wouldn't have selected a pass. At least let the open man catch the ball. I don't mind if it's incomplete because of poor throws, but the only way the game can find to make an incompletion is to drop it, so it happens way more than it should and does in real life.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:25 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

I could care less if you think my post is dumb, i am just enjoying the fact that cheesers are utterly doomed, and non realistic players are confused. I think you might giving the os community a little too much credit as well, some of the cheese/anti cheese threads have me thinking there is still plenty of cheese on these boards.

again my 2 cents, if you dont agree, no problem
Old 07-16-2004, 08:27 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

U dont HAVE to play run first to set up the pass. U just have to play to your team's strengths. I use Georgia because I have them in a league. They have a great QB, and 3 good WR's. I pass first, run second. As long as U can get the passing down, then U can play this way. I find it easier to run after Ive been passing well. To each his own. In college football, there are pass happy teams, and run happy teams. It goes both ways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 08:29 PM   #16
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

simgameonly said:
I could care less if you think my post is dumb, i am just enjoying the fact that cheesers are utterly doomed, and non realistic players are confused. I think you might giving the os community a little too much credit as well, some of the cheese/anti cheese threads have me thinking there is still plenty of cheese on these boards.

again my 2 cents, if you dont agree, no problem

Well, if you are going to ignore the facts I have presented, thats fine, but its a shame that so many in here are labeling people in a way thats totally false. I gave you examples that experienced NCAA/Madden gamers like myself, that do balance their offenses, are having major problems, but if you insist on calling all these people that are having troubles "cheesers" then there is no point attempting to debate you. Do you think that the 1149 people that have visited the "passing problems" thread are all cheesers that dont know [censored] about the game or about football? I dont, in fact most people here are rather hardcore players, not your typical juvenile idiot that throws hail mary's on every down.

Shame some are so closed minded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »