Home

Should Tiburon stay? Or should it go?

This is a discussion on Should Tiburon stay? Or should it go? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2004, 03:03 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Should Tiburon stay? Or should it go?

I have bought and played every game in the NCAA series and this is by far the most dispointing of them all. They have taken much of the offense and fun out of the game and I have been adjusting sliders and still have not found the perfect fit yet. There are huge slowdown and frame problems now. Last years game was close to perfect and only need minor repairs. I think I have reached a final verdit on this game.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:09 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Tiburon is fine, I dont see any other college games out there right now anyway, do you?

That is the problem right there ^^^. EA produces the only college football game, so they can throw whatever they want to out there, and we will buy it. Why? ...because we love college football. All they have to do is attempt to make a decent game, and it will sale. With a little competition...(ESPN...needs to jump on this), EA will then be forced to add new features, animations, and gameplay situations.

However, i do like this game...even after all that. I enjoy the offense on the game because it is more realistic. The inside running game is a lot better, as is the pass defense. I am getting more realistic numbers on this years game, then i did in any of the previous ones. I also have the PS2 version, so i may not be getting some of the problems you Xbox owners are.

Go State
Old 07-17-2004, 03:55 PM   #19
Rookie

wvbean's Arena

Why doesn't Sega (aka the guys that do ESPN Football 2k5 and other ESPN titles) make the college game anymore. The first one I ever played was theirs for dreamcast. Hopefully they will see the potential and start competing with EA like they have with Madden Vs 2k5

just noticed I didn't read the post above mine completely since he said something similar
Old 07-17-2004, 04:58 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I shouldn't be able to go to the highest skill level of a game and stop the CPU just by playing zone defenses. I am an average gamer. The CPU must be a below-average gamer. I see a ton of dropped passes and the CPU can't run.
I usually read the OS boards and barely ever post, but this is the first time I've really felt compelled to respond. I could not AGREE more with this statement -- NCAA 2005 is a huge disappointment. I've read nearly the entire Sliders page, tried various combinations, skill levels, etc., and have yet to feel comfortable playing a game in '05. Nothing "feels" right about this game. The CPU AI is -- considering the past games in this season -- horrible.

Two thumbs down on this edition, no doubt about it.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:05 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:

wvbean said:
Why doesn't Sega (aka the guys that do ESPN Football 2k5 and other ESPN titles) make the college game anymore. The first one I ever played was theirs for dreamcast. Hopefully they will see the potential and start competing with EA like they have with Madden Vs 2k5

just noticed I didn't read the post above mine completely since he said something similar

Sega has tries making College football games they skipped last year and they skipped this year.
Why you ask? Because they werent any good and they didnt sell. Remember its was so recent there actually was a Sega College Football on the Xbox

There is not alot of demand for College Sports which is the same reason why you dont see a College Sports video game on the PC. They simply just dont sell too many
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 06:30 PM   #22
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

Quote:

brewer67 said:
Hes trying to bring his post count up I think. No reason to post just icons and quote someone to take up space. Really annoying and hes done that many times before. Please Stop

It has nothing to do with "post count." Quit posting such foolishness.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:16 PM   #23
Banned

Foolishness is making a post with no words just icons!

youve been doing that alot its annoying please quit!
Old 07-17-2004, 08:17 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Tiburon creates the best football games consistently year after year. Just when I thought 2004 was the greatest game ever of videogame football I get 2005 and it just is even more of a masterpiece. Tiburon is a great company working videogame magic and I cant' applaud them enough!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »