Home

Ncaa 14 "Offensive Coaching Clinic" Thread

This is a discussion on Ncaa 14 "Offensive Coaching Clinic" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2016, 09:21 AM   #17
Rookie

dgarrett92's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ncaa 14 "Offensive Coaching Clinic" Thread

My Offense: Multiple Veer

The Multiple Veer is a multiple formation, run - heavy option offense. The offense uses alot of different personnel set (30,20,21, and 11) in order to create confusion and a sense of unpredictability for defense. The main goal of this offense is to win the battle in between the tackles in order to open up our option attack and our play action passing game. over the course of a game we will probably call a run play, on average, about 70% of the time depending on what a defense gives us. We want to have a physical, aggressive offense that allows for us to make an opposing defense stay on the field as long as we want, wearing them down throughout the game.

Our formations

Flexbone:
Normal
Slot Left
Slot Right
Trips Left
Trips Right

Gun:
Split Big
Split Slot
Split Y- Offset
Heavy
Wing Trips Offset Weak
Normal Wing Offset
Slot F Wing

Pistol:
Full House
Flexbone Slot
Flexbone Trips
Train
Strong
Strong Slot

What makes my offense so effective?
The multiplicity of the offense and how i am able to effectively dictate to a defense my will whether it is through the air or on the ground

Why should others use it?
I think others should use it if you like option football but also want to be able to throw the ball a bit more than in a traditional option attack or if you want to try something a bit out there as far as offensive philosophies are concerned.

What kinds of players are needed for this offense?
QB: My only requirement is that he runs at least a 4.7 in the 40. Anything slower than that really messes with my scheme, especially when I run some of my more intricate stuff like counter read and midline read. I try to find quarterbacks who can run and throw pretty accurately since I throw the ball, on average, between 13 - 20 times a game , unless it’s a good match-up then that number may get closer to 25 .

RB/FB: Usually I try to find as may different types of backs so i can put these backs in the right situations to produce, so I don't focus on getting a particular type of player at this position because i can use any type of back and still be highly productive on Offense.

TE/WR: I usually try to find bigger possession WR (between 6'1" and 6'5") because they are better blockers on the edge in the flat which is especially important when i run alot of my power/speed/ zone read options. As far as my TE are concerned, I try to find the bigger balanced TE (between 6'3" and 6"7) so I can have a on any given situation a 6th lineman or a safety valve in our passing game.

OL: This is, by far, the position I scrutinize over the most because of the type of offense I run. I usually try to find slimmer, more mobile lineman (between 265 -295/ w the occasional 300 -310 interior lineman ) regardless of position. I usually only go for either run blockers or balanced blockers (unless there's a cant miss 4 or 5 star prospect that may be a pass blocking lineman) for my OL.

What team do you use it with?
I usually use it with my created teams since they are usually made under the cupcake template in team builder, however I have had some success with better teams in much more competitive conferences

What are some stats to prove your offense's deadliness?
In my current dynast with one of my created schools ( The University of Columbus Cougars), we are 2nd in the nation in rushing ypg with 302.8 ypg, a respectable 81st in the nation in passing ypg with 182.7 ypg, and 25th in the nation in points pg with 31.8. I also have five players who have at least 300 yds rushing and 3 TDS, and a QB who 9 rushing TDs and 12 passing TDs this season (we are in the 9th game of the season at this point).

What are some of your base plays, and how do you use them?
The base plays are inside zone, counter, dive, and read option. Everything else that we run is usually based off of those plays whether it is triple option or a play action pass, these are our bread and butter plays. These are the plays that I call when want to get 3 yards. I believe that a consistent 3 yard gain will turn into 5 yards, 5 yards will turn into 7, and then 7 will turn into 10 + yard carries.

I'll be happy to answer any questions regarding this offense.

Last edited by dgarrett92; 05-09-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #18
Rookie

Offense is great and all but can we get a Defensive coaches clinic??
Old 06-15-2017, 04:41 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentskully
Offense is great and all but can we get a Defensive coaches clinic??
This! I'd love to explain how my defense works.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:41 PM   #20
Banned

What makes my offense so effective? GAME PLANNING ON SHORT NOTICE FOR THE SHOTGUN TRIPLE OPTION OFFENSE MAKES IT HARD TO STOP. WHILE OTHER TEAMS MIGHT REP IT DURING THE WEEK TO STOP IT, WE REP IT YEAR ROUND, ALL THE TIME. ITS OUR CULTURE

Why should others use it? GET YOUR SPEED ON THE FIELD. SPEED KILLS. WE PREACH SPEED. WE PREACH TEMPO. AND WE PREACH MORE SPEED.

What kinds of players are needed for this offense? QB NEEDS TO BE THE SMARTEST PLAYER ON THE FIELD. DOESNT HAVE TO BE THE FASTEST, BUT HIS THINKING MUST BE QUICK. IF HE HAS SPEED, THATS EVEN BETTER. STRONG ARM FOR DEEP SHOTS. WHEN WE THROW IT, WE MEAN IT. THIS ISNT A DINK AND DONK PASSING OFFENSE. WE PROBABLY THROW THE 6-9 TIMES A GAME. BUT WHEN WE DO, ITS FOR A HOMERUN. HALF BACKS NEEDS TO BE FAST, QUICK, AGILE. EVERYBODY BLOCKS! QUICK, FAST, AGILE LINEMEN, BLOCKING TE. EVEN RECEIVING TE. SPLIT HIM WIDE FOR BETTER BLOCKING. TALL WRS THAT CAN GET SEPARATION AND BLOCK FOR THE PITCH MAN.

What team do you use it with? I STARTED OUT WITH KENT STATE. STAYED ONE YEAR BEFORE ACCEPTING THE HC JOB WITH OLE MISS.

What are some stats to prove your offense's deadliness? 4 1,000 YARD RUSHERS IN 2 YEARS. NUFF SAID

What are some of your base plays, and how do you use them? TRIPLE OPTION, TRIPLE OPTION, AND MORE TRIPLE OPTION. IN 4 WR SETS MY SLOTS ARE HALF WR/RB, SO EVEN THE TRIPLE OPTION IS COMING IN 4 WIDE. WHEN WE PASS, WE ARE SHALLOW CROSS AND 4 VERTICALS DRIVEN
Old 05-28-2019, 08:15 PM   #21
Pro

Non-slip screens are effective against the right coverages. But it’s rare that they work consistently.

The majority of my offense runs 3 receivers and 1 tight end. I try to use some ace, but most of my offense is shotgun. In my case, it’s particularly because it allows me to get the ball out quicker.

I’ve found better run success from ace formations. In shotgun, I run inside zone and I also use pulling guards sometimes. I enjoy traps from ace.

There are a few plays that utilize motion from the backs who then run go routes. I limit my use of them because with fast backs, they’re nearly unstoppable.

Read option is also a big part of my offense when I have a quarterback who can run it. I try not to use it too often because it’s OP, but motion triple options with receivers can be deadly.

I have some 2 receiver sets, double TE sets but I find that with the defense compacted, it makes it hard to run and I have less time to get passes off, especially with play action.

Play action isn’t a huge part of my offense even though I wish it was. I just don’t have time for shot plays to develop from play action most of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2019, 02:42 PM   #22
Pro

I ran the Texas A&M playbook ever since 06. I like it. I added a few in. I played it in my Mississippi State dynasty. I have to have a mobile QB. I have started messing a lot with hot routes. I basically suck at this game. I do play on All American but still suck. Hot routes, I have been taking my fastest and most acceleration player and put him on a zig route. There is this one PA play where the QB pauses the handoff to the fullback and throws it to the HB crossing on a slant kinda. I like that play if the QB doesn’t get stepped on. I also like the Buck Sweep hang HB counters. Another thing I try to do is alternate between a run, pass, and PA pass play each time we have the ball.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:37 AM   #23
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xToXiCxSAVAGEx
Play action isn’t a huge part of my offense even though I wish it was. I just don’t have time for shot plays to develop from play action most of the time.
I can't remember what it's called but I use the max protect offensive line audible. Play action only works if I do that. Got it from someone on here.

Hope it helps you.

Sent from 713
Old 06-19-2019, 07:06 PM   #24
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
I can't remember what it's called but I use the max protect offensive line audible. Play action only works if I do that. Got it from someone on here.

Hope it helps you.

Sent from 713

Play action calls work fine on quick passes, I prefer playaction roll-outs with a scrambling qb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »