Home

IMPORTANT SLOWDOWN INFO!!

This is a discussion on IMPORTANT SLOWDOWN INFO!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 12:22 AM   #1
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

i ve got some good and bad news about slowdown.

i have been one of the posters on here lately that has been constantly complaining about slowdown. However, i now have a copy of ncaa for xbox that does not slowdown. i previously had three different copies of ncaa for xbox that slowed down a lot. i usually would test each copy at michigan and i was ohio state. all three previous copies were from gamestop/babbages. however, i thought about the bad batch idea and considered trading in this last copy to Walmart for a last ditch effort to correct xbox problem. low and hehold, the problem is fixed. i initially took abners ideas about turning all audio off including play by play, camera shaking, campus challenge, ask corso audio, no widescreen, and in classic. it worked then so i tried to slowly adding features back and now im in widescreen mode with everything on except ask corso and thats just friggin annoying. oh and i just like classic camera so i have that also. this is obviously a large batch of bad discs problem for i can tell an immediate difference. runs up the middle are the way they should be. before when i would juke up the middle it took so long for the command to register bc of slowdown that a tackling animation would being before i could juke. this no longer happens and i feel as though i actually have control.
SO, my advice to you all is if you received your disc from a certain store, exchange it at a different store, possibly walmart and see if that fixes it. do this as many times as it takes until either you get caught or it works. there is no noticeable difference in the numbers on the back of the box (1477311 in my case for both). i dont know if this helps, but we should not have to do this to get good gameplay. the game is a whole bunch funner. let me put it this way. the speed is a lot closer to practice speed than the original slowed down gameplay was. although it doesnt seem exactly as fast, the difference is extremely small and the game is playable. anyway i can help, just let me know. again sorry for the long post, but i know you guys would post any useful info on the topic. it took 4 discs and two stores to find it, but it does exist. keep fighting the good fight guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 12:39 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: IMPORTANT SLOWDOWN INFO!!

Quote:

...it is programmed in there to make human running game harder...just look at the tendencies
Old 07-17-2004, 12:43 AM   #3
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

i dont think you understand. i am 25, not a kid. . . well, to most. there are two copies out there: one slow, one regular speed. the fixed one is slower than last year, slightly but much faster than the slowed down copy.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:46 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

oh, i understand...i just posted my opinion about the threads title
Old 07-17-2004, 12:51 AM   #5
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Use the sticky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »