Home

Found a new cheese play.

This is a discussion on Found a new cheese play. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2004, 08:46 AM   #1
Rookie

Numbskull's Arena

OVR: 1
Found a new cheese play.

I was playing some guy (can't remember his name) but he seemed to get into my backfield on every play within 1 second of the ball being snapped. I said something like "woe, you've got a good rush man."... the guy responds "yea man, i found this play that works every time in the ******* defense. Upon hereing this I watch him the next 5 or 6 drives in which he does the same damn play and continue's to get into my backfield no matter what kind of formation i come up with. Anyway, I'm not going to say the formation and team you use for this play, but I just wanted to say I'm kinda sad that you can find a play like this in the game. I ended up getting fustrated with the guy and quiting because of the play and I will prolly not play the team that has this play again. Anyway, just thought yall would want to hear about something like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 09:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Found a new cheese play.

yeah, i've run into this. there was another guy I played against who would take his DE and line it up behind his D tackle. By doing that my OLINE would not pick him up and no matter what D he was in he would go through my line untouched. So he is sitting back in full coverage zones and getting a blitzing rush without blitzing.

If I play someone that takes their DE off the line, I will not play you.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:25 AM   #3
Rookie

Numbskull's Arena

OVR: 1

I actually haven't had that done to me yet. I guess I'll say how he did it. He was Miami and played in the Nickle set. He used some sort of LB blitz on the left side that would go between the Olineman guarding the DE and the Olineman guarding the DT. Every play ended up that he was in my backfield and even if my rb picked him up the other side of my D would colapse. and I'd end up getting sacked anyway. Ithink he must have recorded something like 11 sacks before I quit in I think was about nearly the end of the 2nd quarter.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:59 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

can this game have any more problems sheesh.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:03 AM   #5
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

play OS guys online. Its not an NCAA problem. When there is AI involved there will always be ways to exploit it. Just have to play against people who dont.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 11:05 AM   #6
Banned

You have to run a tighter set (I or pro form) and check your running backs into pass blocking by hitting triangle and then runningback (L1 or R1) then hit L2 or R2 to pass block right ot left. If you don't, you're dead. Unless you have a fast qb that can roll out.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:08 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

lionsfan49 said:
play OS guys online. Its not an NCAA problem. When there is AI involved there will always be ways to exploit it. Just have to play against people who dont.

It is an NCAA problem stop takin' up for EA's bugs
Old 07-17-2004, 11:27 AM   #8
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

Quote:

JJisNo1 said:
Quote:

lionsfan49 said:

It is an NCAA problem stop takin' up for EA's bugs

/sigh

Do you really believe there will EVER be a video football game that does not have exploitable AI? I hope not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »