Home

try practice mode

This is a discussion on try practice mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2004, 01:33 PM   #1
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
try practice mode

I was having problems passing big time, but I sat in practice mode for half an hour or so, and that really improved my game. I still have a bit to go, but now they don't drop the ball anywhere near as much, but the key is to make a good read and throw to the right reciever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 01:46 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: try practice mode

Thats where I've been all morning. Probably for about 3 hours now. GO here just pick a play and then select random coverages for defense, that way you can get a look at the various coverage structures you face. One thing that works really well vs man coverage, UNLESS you are facing bump and run, and for online guys bump and run with nano blitz, but what works really well is the In route by the outside WR, audibling to this is a good choice.

If you are facing a cover 2 zone, one of the best ways to beat it is if you have a slot WR already running a corner route then hot streak the outside WR. When you pass it it must be pretty fast, maybe on your 5th step, throw it deep. What this does is put the WR and the Safety one on one and gives you a chance to make a play on the ball. You gotta switch to the WR though, hold A, do not touch analog stick he will sprint to the circle, then press Y on Xbox, this will give him a chance to catch it.

The more tricky ones are cover 3 and cover 1. Cover 1 you can find out if it is that if you motion a man and the DB follows, but cover 3 looks the same pre-snap so motioning is the only way to discover whether it is cover 3 as well. Cover 3 audible to out route for the slot WR, send the outside WR deep. Hit the man on the out. These are basic. It's still best that you switch to the WR's though.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:50 PM   #3
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Great plays against cover 3 are double seam routes. Make the safety choose and then hit the other.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:50 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

lionsfan49 said:
Great plays against cover 3 are double seam routes. Make the safety choose and then hit the other.

Yep that's another one. Bunches are great vs cover 3 as well with an out route somewhere. If you are running multiple seam routes though I wouldn't lob it, this is the time to use bullet passes.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:00 PM   #5
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

lionsfan49 said:

Yep that's another one. Bunches are great vs cover 3 as well with an out route somewhere.

Yep, flats are definite weaknesses in C-3. Sometimes its tough to get a presnap read though if they mask their coverages until the last moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 02:03 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

lionsfan49 said:
Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

lionsfan49 said:

Yep that's another one. Bunches are great vs cover 3 as well with an out route somewhere.

Yep, flats are definite weaknesses in C-3. Sometimes its tough to get a presnap read though if they mask their coverages until the last moment.

True, that's how I do defense LOL. Mask until last minute
Old 07-17-2004, 02:45 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

first game since practicing, percentage is up 8/16 155 and 2 TD's, 1 INT at the half on AA level.
Old 07-17-2004, 04:45 PM   #8
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

I had trouble passing and catching at first. I was so used to bulleting every pass from past versions and Madden, but after about a half hour or so in practice mode, I'm completing 60% of my passes now. I think a lot of the complaining is the game isn't so easy anymore. You can't just pass every down and be successful. You have to commit to running the ball to keep the defense honest. I like to throw a short pass to guys that are rattled to get them going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »