Home

Percent Possibility of new NCAA

This is a discussion on Percent Possibility of new NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2016, 10:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Percent Possibility of new NCAA

First post but I was wondering what do you guys think the percent chance we get a new NCAA game.

Recently my father, sister, her boyfriend, and I have started a dynasty for NCAA 14. It has been an absolute blast! We are 10 years in! The gameplay can be shotty at times. The defense is definitely somewhat broken but the dynasty/recruiting/coach carousel is great. The reason i bring this up is because all it has done has made me yearn for a new game. With updated graphics, and on the new consoles. It would be so so so great!

So anyway what percent chance do you think we have? Do you think EA even has NCAA on their radar, and is there anything we can do to help bring this back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #2
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

Re: Percent Possibility of new NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanest88
First post but I was wondering what do you guys think the percent chance we get a new NCAA game.

Recently my father, sister, her boyfriend, and I have started a dynasty for NCAA 14. It has been an absolute blast! We are 10 years in! The gameplay can be shotty at times. The defense is definitely somewhat broken but the dynasty/recruiting/coach carousel is great. The reason i bring this up is because all it has done has made me yearn for a new game. With updated graphics, and on the new consoles. It would be so so so great!

So anyway what percent chance do you think we have? Do you think EA even has NCAA on their radar, and is there anything we can do to help bring this back?
0% of getting it back any time soon. No one even has any licensing in place for a game at this time. The NCAA refused to renew with EA when the last agreement expired. The SEC, Big Ten, and Pac-12 all stated they would not license to EA back in 2013.

I would find it hard to believe anyone would be willing to invest in game development without having the licensing in place, especially coming off of the O'Bannon suit. Both EA and 2K are publicly traded, so the risk of development costs would probably be too great to justify to Wall Street if it didn't pay off.

Without the licensing, the only game that could be produced would be a completely generic concept, which we would hope could be very customizable so we could make it "real". However, the question comes down to how many people mod vs don't mod. The developers cannot risk their investment solely on the modding community. There has to be enough there to entice buyers to buy from the start, or their will not be enough sales to justify the expense.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:58 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfeenathan
0% of getting it back any time soon. No one even has any licensing in place for a game at this time. The NCAA refused to renew with EA when the last agreement expired. The SEC, Big Ten, and Pac-12 all stated they would not license to EA back in 2013.

I would find it hard to believe anyone would be willing to invest in game development without having the licensing in place, especially coming off of the O'Bannon suit. Both EA and 2K are publicly traded, so the risk of development costs would probably be too great to justify to Wall Street if it didn't pay off.

Without the licensing, the only game that could be produced would be a completely generic concept, which we would hope could be very customizable so we could make it "real". However, the question comes down to how many people mod vs don't mod. The developers cannot risk their investment solely on the modding community. There has to be enough there to entice buyers to buy from the start, or their will not be enough sales to justify the expense.

Good point! However, do you think that maybe all this licensing and game development can be going on behind closed doors. Im sure you seen their tease of a facebook post they had for the national championship. Idc if they said it was a mistake or not real or whatever. That post seemed very criptic to me. And i abide by the old saying where theres smoke, theres fire. Im propably just to optimistic about this i guess.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:20 PM   #4
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

Quote:
Good point! However, do you think that maybe all this licensing and game development can be going on behind closed doors. Im sure you seen their tease of a facebook post they had for the national championship. Idc if they said it was a mistake or not real or whatever. That post seemed very criptic to me. And i abide by the old saying where theres smoke, theres fire. Im propably just to optimistic about this i guess.
The issue is that they are publicly traded companies. Sure they can keep development hush-hush, but they do not want to have to tell investors how they spent millions for nothing. That sends stocks down, and CEO's out the door. I honestly expect to hear of a licensing agreement first. Whoever gets that will be developing hard as soon as they get a sense that a licensing agreement is even possible.

I think the NCAA is going to have to announce a solution for paying players before the developers will get anything more than a cold shoulder with regards to licensing.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfeenathan
The issue is that they are publicly traded companies. Sure they can keep development hush-hush, but they do not want to have to tell investors how they spent millions for nothing. That sends stocks down, and CEO's out the door. I honestly expect to hear of a licensing agreement first. Whoever gets that will be developing hard as soon as they get a sense that a licensing agreement is even possible.

I think the NCAA is going to have to announce a solution for paying players before the developers will get anything more than a cold shoulder with regards to licensing.
Once again cannot argue with any of your points. Its just sad. In the back of my mind im always hoping for the suprise announcement at E3 that they will be releasing this year lol one can dream
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 03:18 PM   #6
Rookie

I would imagine any company is still looking to make an NCAA game. There is to much money to be made if you make one. Football is to big of a beast to not pay attention to. EA would be silly to not have a plan to relaunch it if things change in the future. With that being said I dont expect to see one for a few more years if at all.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:38 PM   #7
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Once again cannot argue with any of your points. Its just sad. In the back of my mind im always hoping for the suprise announcement at E3 that they will be releasing this year lol one can dream
I hope it happens at some point, probably be at least a few years. I still play 14 but it's hard to keep online dyanasties going on an old system.

PSN Username: Smoothzilla
Old 05-11-2016, 04:44 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

0%...the NCAA or the schools are refusing to allow any likenesses to be used in a football game. And hell only something like 12 are allowing 2K to use it. And you won't see anything until the O'Bannon case is over and done with. And who knows how long that will take because of appeals and the backloads in the court system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »