Home

My Online Experience

This is a discussion on My Online Experience within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2004, 02:46 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 21
My Online Experience

Please note that this is not a complaint, just an observation. I've been waiting to play online since 2004 but didn't get the Network Adapter until now. I heard horror stories but I decided to look past those and see for myself. Well, through 5 games I've realized some things. Those stories aren't stories, they're truths.

Game 1: They actually played the game straight...up until the end of the game when the pulled the plug with 39 seconds left.

Game 2: They used Miami and subbed in the backup QB for speed. Only used two formations. The Ace Bunch and the I Form. Would scramble 60% of the time out of the Ace and the other 40% would run the same drag play over and over. When I picked him off at with 2 mins left, he also pulled the plug.

Game 3: This was only guy who played straight and took the loss at the end of the game.

Game 4: This person used Miami and subbed in the backup QB too. They used the same Ace Bunch formation and did the same thing. When it came to 4th down he would just throw it up there, then User Catch most of the time. On defense, he blitzed almost every play. Would pinch the line, spread out the LBs, and come flyin in every time. No possible to stop this. I got toasted because I refused to quit or pull the plug.

Game 5: I played Texas and I should have know it was going to be ugly. He also used the Ace Bunch formation and scrambled with Vince Young all day who finshed with over 100 yards rushing. And on defense he would bring All-World LB Derrick Johnson on a blitz every play and with his speed, you can't get away.

So basically, out of 5 games, I got one person to play straight. Sorry for the rant, it was just some things I had to get off my chest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 02:49 AM   #2
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: My Online Experience

Quote:

FSU9399 said:
Please note that this is not a complaint, just an observation. I've been waiting to play online since 2004 but didn't get the Network Adapter until now. I heard horror stories but I decided to look past those and see for myself. Well, through 5 games I've realized some things. Those stories aren't stories, they're truths.

Game 1: They actually played the game straight...up until the end of the game when the pulled the plug with 39 seconds left.

Game 2: They used Miami and subbed in the backup QB for speed. Only used two formations. The Ace Bunch and the I Form. Would scramble 60% of the time out of the Ace and the other 40% would run the same drag play over and over. When I picked him off at with 2 mins left, he also pulled the plug.

Game 3: This was only guy who played straight and took the loss at the end of the game.

Game 4: This person used Miami and subbed in the backup QB too. They used the same Ace Bunch formation and did the same thing. When it came to 4th down he would just throw it up there, then User Catch most of the time. On defense, he blitzed almost every play. Would pinch the line, spread out the LBs, and come flyin in every time. No possible to stop this. I got toasted because I refused to quit or pull the plug.

Game 5: I played Texas and I should have know it was going to be ugly. He also used the Ace Bunch formation and scrambled with Vince Young all day who finshed with over 100 yards rushing. And on defense he would bring All-World LB Derrick Johnson on a blitz every play and with his speed, you can't get away.

So basically, out of 5 games, I got one person to play straight. Sorry for the rant, it was just some things I had to get off my chest.

whats wrong with the first two? Didnt you just finish out the win with the computer? not a biggie imo.

Did you try spying the QB when you played against scrambling qbs? I have had some success with this.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:11 AM   #3
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Read my sig.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:15 AM   #4
All Star

I finished the first two, so it wasn't that big of a hassle. I just don't see why they wouldn't finish the game. I mean, a loss isn't the end of the world.

I agree with you too bdunn. But nobody I know goes online to play so I'm stuck playing random games.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:17 AM   #5
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

FSU9399 said:
I finished the first two, so it wasn't that big of a hassle. I just don't see why they wouldn't finish the game. I mean, a loss isn't the end of the world.

I agree with you too bdunn. But nobody I know goes online to play so I'm stuck playing random games.

Try the OS chat room if you are on live. There are also a ton of people here that have their xbl name under Location. Not everyone here is straight up, but a bad rep will soon follow those that aren't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 03:36 AM   #6
All Star

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

FSU9399 said:

Try the OS chat room if you are on live. There are also a ton of people here that have their xbl name under Location. Not everyone here is straight up, but a bad rep will soon follow those that aren't.

I'm on PS2. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone who doesn't "cheese" next time. Thanks for listening to my sob story.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:59 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Play league games or don't b@tch about random ones.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:09 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

FSU9399 said:
Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

FSU9399 said:

I'm on PS2. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone who doesn't "cheese" next time. Thanks for listening to my sob story.

I have a PS2 , if you want to set up a time to play, I can usually make it weeknights after 9pm. I'll play straight with either ND or Texas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »