Home

Dynasty from scratch

This is a discussion on Dynasty from scratch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
Rookie

McFaddenD2's Arena

OVR: 0
Dynasty from scratch

Has anybody tried to set every player as a senior and simulate a season and start off from there? Im curious if this would be possible and reset all team accolades and make every team a 1 star to see which programs would excel the fastest
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 04:26 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Dynasty from scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFaddenD2
Has anybody tried to set every player as a senior and simulate a season and start off from there? Im curious if this would be possible and reset all team accolades and make every team a 1 star to see which programs would excel the fastest
I have not done it with every team, but I have done it with 1 team. I made everyone on UAB a senior(rs) and simmed the 1st season. With a 25 player limit it takes a couple of seasons to field a team that want feature low level players. It has been fun to try, but I would not do it with every team.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:00 PM   #3
Rookie

McFaddenD2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I have not done it with every team, but I have done it with 1 team. I made everyone on UAB a senior(rs) and simmed the 1st season. With a 25 player limit it takes a couple of seasons to field a team that want feature low level players. It has been fun to try, but I would not do it with every team.
What if i was to do it with every team and simulate to the 2017 season(4 years) that would be coming up in real life, would you suppose that'd be enough time for all teams to bring enough talent to make it playable?
Old 05-27-2016, 06:47 AM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
What if i was to do it with every team and simulate to the 2017 season(4 years) that would be coming up in real life, would you suppose that'd be enough time for all teams to bring enough talent to make it playable?
I am talking about 1 team that was a 1 star to start with...

It has been a slow build for me. It takes a good 3 years to get enough players. I am in year 4 but I don't have any depth at all. It is hard to red shirt anyone. What you are talking about can be done but would their be enough players to go around? my concern would be with teams getting enough walk-ons to fill all the holes.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:57 AM   #5
MVP

whughes's Arena

I've done this. I was the first one to post about this idea on here. Walk ons aren't part of the normal recruiting base, so as far having enough of them to fill rosters I don't think it would be a problem.

Another issue you would have is without recruiting restrictions on yourself you can easily fill your recruiting class with 3* recruits in season one and be rolling by season 2. With that in mind, I think the Alabama's and the Ohio State's of the NCAA would still pull in those 4* and 5* recruits in season one no issue. All you would be doing is further handicapping the Idaho's and New Mexico State's. The teams who normally hover around 70ovr would now hover around 50ovr (assuming you filled their roster with a 'cupcake' template). Unless you can edit the tradition, conference prestige, academic prestige, etc all down to 1* and make it completely even all throughout I don't think it would change very much. If you can do this with the editor by all means try it and let us know what you find out, I've never played with the editor so I'm not sure what all is possible.

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

Quote:
I pretty much do this every time I start a new dynasty. I like to create an even playing field when the dynasty starts and then see which teams rise to the top. I usually start all coaches at the same level as well and change all the schools rating for academics, tv exposure, etc. to be even.

Ive noticed that if all the teams prestige is at 1 that in the first few years of the dynasty all the 5* players will want to go to the same 1-3 schools (They won't even have a team in their second choice spot just the one team). It seems like the computer finds some random team value to make those teams the most desirable. (I think certain school records will make the values get reset to default like championships or pro potential) I just started another dynasty and set all the schools to 6 prestige to start and that made the recruits pick a wider variety of schools in year one.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:46 AM   #7
Just started!

the same level as well and change all the schools rating for academics, tv exposure, etc. to be even.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »