Home

How do you recruit??

This is a discussion on How do you recruit?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2004, 04:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How do you recruit??

I am only nabbing about 12 players on average during recruiting. How many points do you typically spend on recruits and how many are you getting??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 04:52 PM   #2
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: How do you recruit??

I usually get around 18-20, depending on a lot of things (need of players, sucess of last season, teams prestige, etc).

If I am a weak team, such as a Rice, Florida Atlantic, etc, I usually just try to land as many players as I can, so I first go to "Interested Prospects", and recruit them first. Then I go to "State Prospects" and look to see if I still have holes to fill, and then look for players who have a "High" interest in my team, and target them.

For me, I usually give as much points as the player's star value, (if he is a 3-star recruit, I give him three points). Then, after I am done with that, I usually have a good amount of recruiting points but no scholarships, so just give more points to the recruits.

Now if I am a better school, such as a Washington State, Boise State, etc, I usually target much more talented players than I would if I were Idaho.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Wow... just a point for each star?

I too am only getting about 12-13 recruits, but I guess it's because I'm overspending. 18-20 points for 5 stars, 12-15 for 4 stars, 8-10 for 3 stars, and 4-6 for 2 stars... no recruiting of 1 stars.

I'm just afraid if I only spend 3 or 4 points on 3 star recruits that I'll lose them and gt abunch of walk-ons.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

This may be a dumb question, but do you get more recruiting points if you assign a higher priority to recruiting over training and discipline? I landed about 12 recruits my first time recruiting, but I weighted training heavier than recruiting.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:54 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

ScottISU said:
Wow... just a point for each star?

I too am only getting about 12-13 recruits, but I guess it's because I'm overspending. 18-20 points for 5 stars, 12-15 for 4 stars, 8-10 for 3 stars, and 4-6 for 2 stars... no recruiting of 1 stars.

I'm just afraid if I only spend 3 or 4 points on 3 star recruits that I'll lose them and gt abunch of walk-ons.

No way would I go to 1 pt per star. I recruit much the same way that you do. I put about 38% on recruiting in my budget and use all of my weekly points every week. I try to target around 20 players and spend pts on them because I prefer quality over quantity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 07:47 PM   #6
Rookie

i'm having the same problems recruiting (OkState, 8-4 w/ bowl win). there's not enough points, even with 50% recruiting budget, so i dont even bother scouting. i'm still lucky to have one or two LB show any interest, despite having voids to fill (same for fullbacks). had this exact problem with 2004. i find it rediculous that with only one returing CB (thus having 3 spots to fill) and recruiting 5 CBs (a mix of 3-4 stars that have me as their top/second school) that i can only get one to sign. i havent gotten over 12 recruits. there are gaping holes in my secondary, yet very few CB's and safeties show any interest. my two remaining tackles are both seniors, yet only a handful of O-linemen have even a "high" interest, let alone have me in their top three. weeks 4 and 5 are spent with a half dozen players commited, and dozen or more with me in their top three, most with me as their favorite. yet only half will commit, the other go elsewhere or more likely dont sign with anyone! i'm left with a skeleton crew of a roster that would clear last years roster limits. i really think the recruiting should be extended, prob to ten weeks. this would allow me to at least get some warm bodies. oh well, does anyone have tips/pointers on recruiting, esp. using a middle prestige team?
Old 07-18-2004, 07:50 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

What does scouting do? I've never done that and was wondering what it did for ya
Old 07-18-2004, 07:54 PM   #8
Rookie

it gives the corrected stats for the targeted player. so the 4 star CB may say he has 4.3 speed, but after you scout him you may find he was faster/slower. it gives the correct value for ALL listed stats, so you only scout once per recruit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »