Home

Coach Ratings

This is a discussion on Coach Ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2016, 06:03 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Coach Ratings

My belief is:

Run/Pass Ratio: lower number (move left) = Run the Ball More

Aggression: Higher number (move right) = more aggressive. in the default roster, Mizzou, Texas Tech, Oregon, Florida, SCAR and Baylor are among the highest aggression ratings

Substitution: I have no idea

Ideally, I'd like to get my#1 HB more carries
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2016, 10:03 PM   #2
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Coach Ratings

I believe you are correct with the coaching sliders.

If you were looking to just increase the carries for your #1 HB, I think you could just adjust the auto-subs for the RB. The lower the numbers, the longer he'll stay in the game. But there's also the chance you could see increased injuries at the position without having him sub out.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:59 PM   #3
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
My belief is:

Aggression: Higher number (move right) = more aggressive. in the default roster, Mizzou, Texas Tech, Oregon, Florida, SCAR and Baylor are among the highest aggression ratings

I think aggression has to do with 4th down attempts but that's just a complete guess.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:23 PM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
My belief is:

Off Run/Pass: move right, more passing
Def Run/Pass: move right, defense oriented more towards passing

Off Agg: move right, more aggressive plays called (i.e. 4 verts) and players also play more aggressively. 65 is a good 'sweet spot' for most good teams, 75 for the Baylor's of the world. I don't recommend going much below 55 (and reserve those for the really bad conservative teams).

Def Agg: move right, more aggressive plays called (i.e. blitzes) and players play more aggressively. Too aggressive and players over-react to plays in an unrealistic manner. Except for hyper-aggressive teams (e.g. Arizona State), this shouldn't be set much higher than 50 for any team. Elite defenses like 'Bama should be set to 30-35 (too low and they don't react to plays well enough)

Sub frequency: this is essentially a fatigue slider....the higher it is, the more players fatigue. Higher = more subs...BUT....the CPU will wear down more than the user in the second half. In my slider thread, I'm currently advocating using 50 sub freq for all teams to get best balance of challenge and autosubs.

All of these DO have an impact on simmed results as well (I actually find that setting all coach sub freq to 50, for example, will yield pretty darn good simmed results from an outcome standpoint).
Old 07-04-2016, 05:00 PM   #5
Just started!

Quote:
My belief is:

Seems correct to me. Passing is higher risk/higher reward so it should be considered more aggressive.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »