Home

Indy company working on new ncaa game??

This is a discussion on Indy company working on new ncaa game?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 04:51 PM   #81
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Indy company working on new ncaa game??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTASHIRO
It looks like a scam to me. They have 2 marketers leading the charge, with 2 3D artists as programmers. The only thing they have right now is a stadium rendering, and they think 350k is all they'll need to create a brand new football game from the ground up? That's shady. Be careful with this one guys.
Don't be so quick to judge, these guys literally started campaigning earlier this year around march/april. And the amount of ground they've been able to cover since is actually right on schedule. They even admit that this is grass roots, and have very limited resources in terms of a dev team... If you don't want another college fb game, I say don't support these guys. But if you do, be patient and give these guys a chance to show you before ruling it out completely. Ain't like we getting another EA game anytime soon! Just saying, at least somebody's getting sh** done around here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 04:54 PM   #82
Rookie

KingCanter's Arena

OVR: 0

The Kickstarter kicked off today at noon. They already have $4,765 out of $850k. It ends on 10/31.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:16 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It's moving pretty slowly right now. Not too surprising. They never picked up steam on Twitter or much social media.

― Plato
Old 09-05-2016, 06:03 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Just under $7,400 now.

I don't think it's happening(via Kickstarter at least).

― Plato
Old 09-05-2016, 06:04 PM   #85
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Just under $7,400 now.

I don't think it's happening(via Kickstarter at least).

It was also meant to show potential investors that they had the backing of the community, since that was a big selling point of theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 10:46 AM   #86
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Seems like a scam to me..
Old 09-09-2016, 12:09 PM   #87
Rookie

OReilly10's Arena

OVR: 7

At $8,500. It is a dud. Unfortunate.

I'm as big an NCAA Football video game supporter there is. I just cant contribute money to this, as I do not see their vision as a realistic path at all.

I have said it before, but a much more realistic goal would be to create a Dynasty-Baseball-type PC-based simulation. Dynasty College Football. A small group of programmers can create a very deep and thorough script in a reasonable amount of time. Lots of text, colors, still shots of stadiums, can have all the logos, etc.... even include sounds, fight songs, etc. Then you just worry about all the licensing. Can make it look really aesthetically pleasing. Civilization meets NCAA Football.

This thing could be highly customizatable, full sharing system, and it would be possible to release updates/patches on the regular. The depth of the dynasty could be 100x more immersive than any EA game could be. I'm thinking live in-game coaching decisions too. It would also lend itself to so much input and suggestions from the various sports gaming/simulation communities. It would basically be "our" game.

That way, the big money thing is the licensing. They can collect all that and the dynasty game would be attainable. IMO the barriers to creating a dynamic, balanced, relatively bug free, and challenging live-action football game (sports game) is a mountain of a task, especially for people completely new/inexperienced. EA HAS a good game template, full staff, and $$$ and wont touch it. Recreating an EA Game, showing primitive stadium tours, or tweeting at Herbstreit or Desmond Howard about putting voice commentary in the game is putting the cart light years ahead of the horse.

I also wonder if you can do a basketball one like this too, and double-dip with much of the licensing.

Better kickstarter rewards too. Who wants/needs 16 copies of the game? How about 8 spots at $2,500 for lunch with Herbstreit (lol)? Or at least get a little more creative.

I would contribute to that. It would provide the precedent/framework to possibly catch the eye of a 2K sports, EA, or maybe even Sony/Microsoft would want to make it an exclusive? And, we would have a deliverable game

Last edited by OReilly10; 09-09-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:43 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 2

I have hope that these guys pull a miracle out, but I have doubts that they can even deliver now that I have stepped back a bit. Maybe they can help get momentum back to give EA some forward thinking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »