Home

Yet another reasoning for poor running game...

This is a discussion on Yet another reasoning for poor running game... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 03:17 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 18
Yet another reasoning for poor running game...

whats the constant will all running plays in ncaa 2005...think about it...think...think...think...no WR's are set to block

now, im not the best football mind in my area code...but shouldnt wideout's block on some plays

this helps the defense's awareness with knowing what play your calling...doesnt it seem like when you or the cpu carries the ball...you are swarmed every time...

well, if the defense is in a zone, and you call a toss or sweep...they just break on the ball due to them having no set assignment

if WR's got into an animation with a db...this would greatly help the run game imo...it would allow for the rb to break more runs...so at the end of the day, even if your stopping them...they had those one or two runs, that still allow for their ypc to be around 4-4.6...which it currently is not

just run a few plays, probably in practice, with the defense set to a zone or man...and you call a toss or sweep...and see how quickly they react, due to the wideouts just sprinting pass them

hopefully, i may have a point for typing all this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 03:24 PM   #2
Rookie

tlj101010's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Yet another reasoning for poor running game...

well, if you're having a problem with run plays and WR blocking its probably due to the type of run plays you are calling. If your run plays have the WRs running streaks, then the purpose of the play is to have the WRs drag the man-2-man DBs out of the play. If your opponent (human or cpu) is calling zones, then you have to find run plays where the WRs route is to block, not streak.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:46 PM   #3
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

can't you assign a WR to block on a hot route this year?
Old 07-19-2004, 03:48 PM   #4
Banned

ok...i just basically went through every D1-A playbook and on every set wideout formation, for every running play, there are no WR blocks...i find that to be a problem...so you mean to tell me in the pro's WR block, but not in college

on bunch sets and combo te stuff, there were maybe 5 a playbook...but, imo, there in lays a problem
Old 07-19-2004, 03:50 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:

camulos said:
can't you assign a WR to block on a hot route this year?

dont know...but why should i spend my whole 25 seconds programming my WR's to do so, knowing i have to do it twice for each player since HFA is rocking my chair
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 03:52 PM   #6
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

why not spend 5 seconds and just do it for the side youre running the sweep to. (btw, im not sure this is even possible since im at work. can someone verify?)
Old 07-19-2004, 03:55 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Mr Negative, that may be the reason? Never thought to look at my WR blocking or not??? EA may have did an oooops on that one??????? EA may need to send a patch to fix this problem.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:07 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:

camulos said:
why not spend 5 seconds and just do it for the side youre running the sweep to. (btw, im not sure this is even possible since im at work. can someone verify?)

you cant edit routes on running plays

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »