Home

Despite all the gripes...

This is a discussion on Despite all the gripes... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 10:10 PM   #1
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72
Despite all the gripes...

...I'm LOVING this year's game! MAN, there are some little things that just make this game TOO great:

-Illegal touching (hush ya lil' pervs) is in the game... I was playing a Miami vs. FSU game and Moore went out of bounds, came back in, and they called it. Nice! (dunno if that was in last years...)

-There's nothing greater than the Big Hit feature! Good grief... it's just an amazing feeling to see a WR catch one over the middle to only get LEVELED by my MLB! Or even better... on a punt, you run the guy down right before he catches it and completely OBLITERATE 'IM as soon as he makes the catch...

-The new catch animations are great... had a guy dive to his side while going forward to make a sort of "basket catch" (DEF. was not in last year)

-The running cutback animations is just great... it's nice to be able to catch a ball on the fly and then just do a simple cut upfield and go... all... the.. way... to the house!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 10:22 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Despite all the gripes...

Quote:

Pared said:
...I'm LOVING this year's game! MAN, there are some little things that just make this game TOO great:

-Illegal touching (hush ya lil' pervs) is in the game... I was playing a Miami vs. FSU game and Moore went out of bounds, came back in, and they called it. Nice! (dunno if that was in last years...)

I have no gripes with the game this year. It's solid IMO. I am one of those that think the slowdown is intentional, and helps me see holes develop, but I don't really consider it slowdown at all.

Anyway, my intent is not to threadjack, buy instead comment on the illegal touching calls.

In a game the other day, my receiver pulled one down in the back of the endzone, and was called for illegal touching. At first I thought the player may have violated the NCAA sexual harassment policy, but then I watched the replay and saw that he did indeed step out of bounds prior to making the catch.

I then played a game online, and 3 key penalties were called against my opponent, which ultimately led to him losing the game.

It's very nice to see these small things occuring, and helps round out the total package that this year's game is.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:23 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

No gripes really here either. I agree I just love this game. Its better then last years to me.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:51 PM   #4
G**d S**s*n F*ll*s

airbarrett's Arena

OVR: 15

i think it's much better than last year's game. Everything has improved (except for corso's comments)
Old 07-19-2004, 11:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I ran a play against the cpu where my TE would start out running a route to the flats but would cut back to the inside. Well they were in man defense and they had a LB on my TE and I hit the TE right as he was cutting and the LB who was covering stumbled and fell down. I don't remember seeing this in last year's game and thought it was cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 11:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well, there is only so much you can do with Corso's lame material.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:00 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I love it too, more and more. There is a method to what they did 'under the hood' this year. I'm amazed at how they are getting closer to replicating college football.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:43 PM   #8
Pro

taruncheel's Arena

OVR: 5

I am also enjoying the game. Trying to find just the right settings. The illegal touching was in last year's game. It happened to me when I was bumped out of bounds and then came back in to catch the ball. Nice feature!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »