Home

Crazy Game I Had

This is a discussion on Crazy Game I Had within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2016, 07:12 PM   #1
Rookie

ajgator1994's Arena

OVR: 2
Crazy Game I Had

Hey everyone I had just had a pretty crazy game. Granted I'm only playing on varsity difficulty (I know I'm bad at this game) but it was the first game on dynasty mode with the Florida Gators. It was 5 minutes quarters also. So first game I play Toledo at home. I usually smoke them in the dynasties I've done with Florida. We traded touchdowns early and I'm up 14-7 after 1st quarter. No problem I expect to pull away and win like usual. They score a FG and I get a 2 TD's so it's 28-17 at halftime. A little closer than I expected but still no problem.they drive and score a TD to make it 28-24 and I score two more times to make it 42-24 after the 3rd Quarter. At this point I think game over I got the win. Then they get a TD and the ensuing two-point conversion in the corner of the endzone to make it 42-32. I get the ball back and throw a pick six so it's 42-39. I'm feeling the heat now. I drive down the field and score a TD to make it 49-39 late in the 4th. Again I think it's over. Then they get the ball and throw a 75 yard Hail Mary and my receiver jumps and misses the ball and he breaks two tackles for the TD so it's 49-46. I get the ball back and only manage a FG so it's 52-46. They get the ball back one more time and convert on a 4th down and throw up another Hail Mary and it's caught at my 20 yard line with :02 on the clock. They don't have any timeouts. They lineup to spike it and and time runs out before they can spike it and I win. They were maybe one play and only 20 yards from beating me. What a game! What are some of your guys' crazy games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2016, 08:06 PM   #2
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Crazy Game I Had

A few weeks ago I played a game against Nebraska that went into 6 overtimes, I ended up winning 76-72 or something like that.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:47 PM   #3
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgator1994
Hey everyone I had just had a pretty crazy game. Granted I'm only playing on varsity difficulty (I know I'm bad at this game) but it was the first game on dynasty mode with the Florida Gators. It was 5 minutes quarters also. So first game I play Toledo at home. I usually smoke them in the dynasties I've done with Florida. We traded touchdowns early and I'm up 14-7 after 1st quarter. No problem I expect to pull away and win like usual. They score a FG and I get a 2 TD's so it's 28-17 at halftime. A little closer than I expected but still no problem.they drive and score a TD to make it 28-24 and I score two more times to make it 42-24 after the 3rd Quarter. At this point I think game over I got the win. Then they get a TD and the ensuing two-point conversion in the corner of the endzone to make it 42-32. I get the ball back and throw a pick six so it's 42-39. I'm feeling the heat now. I drive down the field and score a TD to make it 49-39 late in the 4th. Again I think it's over. Then they get the ball and throw a 75 yard Hail Mary and my receiver jumps and misses the ball and he breaks two tackles for the TD so it's 49-46. I get the ball back and only manage a FG so it's 52-46. They get the ball back one more time and convert on a 4th down and throw up another Hail Mary and it's caught at my 20 yard line with :02 on the clock. They don't have any timeouts. They lineup to spike it and and time runs out before they can spike it and I win. They were maybe one play and only 20 yards from beating me. What a game! What are some of your guys' crazy games?

Hey no biggie I play on varsity with some sliders set adjusted and I have had some incredible games.. I have a teambuilders team Cal poly and playing in the WAC and has some getting my butt kicked and some were I beat a top 25 team in Boise .
Old 07-16-2016, 09:10 PM   #4
MVP

whughes's Arena

I think the most fun game I've ever played was the time I came back from a 25 point deficit at halftime... And still lost the game lol. Was down 35-10 at halftime, end up tying the game at 45 in the fourth. Went to overtime and they scored a touchdown on their first possession, then when it was my turn with the ball I couldn't covert a 4th and 3 and lost. That second half comeback is still the most fun I've ever had playing this game against the CPU I think

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 07-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #5
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

I remember my first season in my first dynasty in NCAA 06. I strictly did a Coach Mode as Georgia Tech and made the Orange Bowl. Played Texas and the game went back and forth. We each recorded safeties and each had a special teams touchdown. I was down by four with a few seconds left in the game and, instead of calling for a Hail Mary from mid-field, I called a normal shotgun pass play with 3 WRs, 1 TE, and 1 HB. The HB didn't pick up the blitz and the QB had to throw early. The pass was completed at the Longhorns' 20 and the WR broke 2 tackles and tip-toed down the sideline for the game-winning touchdown.

In another dynasty, I coached at Notre Dame and was playing Virginia in the National Championship. With the score tied with about 10 seconds left in regulation, I had the ball at mid-field and 1 timeout. I thought I could get a short or medium pass completed and call a quick timeout to set up the field goal. Instead, the pass got picked off and returned for a touchdown as time ran out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2016, 05:36 PM   #6
Rookie

DynasticJumper's Arena

NCAA '13 I was down 37-6 in the 4th quarter and came back.

A few weeks later, I had a two-touchdown lead with about a minute to go and lost. It was horrible.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:46 AM   #7
Rookie

kc_brigade88's Arena

Started a Sun Belt dynasty with Arkansas-Little Rock. First game against Fresno State we had a track meet. I was down 55-53 with 9 seconds left and had possession. I throw a hail mary as my player breaks a tackle and scores the GW TD. 59-55 Win.

UALR was 63 OVR 65 OFF 63 DEF.

Fresno was like 85 OVR or whatever their default ratings are.

Still one of my best games I've ever played in NCAA.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:22 PM   #8
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

OVR: 7

Craziest game I've had recently was with my old Tulane dynasty.

We're playing Virginia Tech in Blacksburg. It was our first season in the ACC, and up to this point we were steamrolling the competition. 50-pt wins over Georgia Tech and #5 Florida State. We vaulted to #1 in the polls, and took the road trip to Lane Stadium. VT was a great team in the ACC, but had just suffered a close loss to Clemson the week before. They fell to #14.

Anyway, the Hokies shut our offense down. Our option attack averaged 400 YPG rushing coming into the game, but we struggled to post 100 against VT. My Heisman favorite QB was struggling, but the game was only 10-3 going into the break. VA Tech's offense came alive in the third quarter, and they went up 24-3. The fourth quarter arrived and our offense finally woke up. We scored 3 touchdowns and tied the game. Hokies respond with a field goal but we score another touchdown and take the lead 31-27. Less than 0:30 to go with VT pinned deep, I think the game is over.

Not so fast! Hokies throw a hail Mary with 3 seconds left. The ball bobbled twice before falling in the tight end's hands. I challenge the play, thinking he stepped out of bounds. Apparently not. The call stands, VT wins, and our stretch at #1 lasts one week.

We did get our revenge in the ACC Championship Game, and blitzkrieged Oregon 51-20 in the Title Game. So I guess it all worked out in the end.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »