Home

Take A Poll - What do you think of NCAA 2005

This is a discussion on Take A Poll - What do you think of NCAA 2005 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2004, 07:19 PM   #17
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Take A Poll - What do you think of NCAA 2005

Quote:

tommygunn said:
UCONN man - I agree with your analysis. Problem is I'm the casual videogamer who liked to pick up occasionally and play a decent game. This game makes that impossible. Sorry but I just don't have the hours and hours to devote to this game to make it playable.

It's not unplayable at all, and you don't need to devote hours to make it playable. Our generation has the attention fan an friggen fruit fly and if something isn't gravy to them in 10 minutes than it's trash to them.

God forbid a game has a learning curve that is two hours instead of two minutes.

And people who say they "give it a chance and play it for a few weeks" probably don't even change the way they play the game. They think the game will change to fit their personal preferences when in fact they need to change to adjust to the game.

So many people still probably have the mindset of picking a play and saying "I'm throwing to B" before the ball is even snapped and regardless of how the D reacts. Videogames are entertainment, but perhaps football games shouldn't be for the "casual" gamer.

I mean I could run three offensive plays for an entire season in '04 and win every game and score over 40 points a game regardless of the competition on Heisman.

- Shotgun Double Post
- Twin-I Counter Run
- Twin-I Drag

I guess you could "just pick up '04 and play it', but damn it got old. And of course I tried to not use those money plays, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't use one of those three plays on a 4th and 8 trailing by 4 with a minute left in the game. '05 just has a steeper learning curve and will take a while to get used to, but for me it's the best football game thats ever been created.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:15 PM   #18
G**d S**s*n F*ll*s

airbarrett's Arena

OVR: 15

greatest CFB game ever made...
Old 07-21-2004, 12:27 AM   #19
Rookie

KobeBryant's Arena

OVR: 3

I also voted for greatest CFB game of all time, I think it's much improved from last year and I dig it.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:47 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

I put better than 04, i'm undecided if it is the greatest ever though.

I really appreciate the new efforts, stepping up the D, HFA, compusuer, etc... great additions

My only gripes are:

-#1 slowdown of running game online for Xbox, this is killing it for me. I played a game of 2 small schools online Rice vs FIU and what a difference. Was able to succssfully make cuts in the running game. With big time teams in big time stadiums you get slowdown that makes counter, dive and other up the middle plays hard to use. Same with slants, screens and drags. It makes it too easy for your opponnent to stop runs usings a dime max cover zone because you can't make the cuts to the hole.
-#2 short passes are harder to complete than long posts or flys. I like to play a realistic offense but it seems going deep often is rewarded more than going after a consistent drive.
-#3 composure is overdone ( players tank on the road too quickly)

It's so close to being really perfect. I hope they keep the defenses tough for next year's version while increasing the CPU QB's abilities. Just need to nix the slowdown, turn down the composure effectiveness a tad and work in a better short passing game versus long passing game and you then you have the BEST CFB ever.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:15 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

...Disappointed. I do love the new agile running, HFA, composure, and a few other things. But, what about the dropped passes by 95 OVR WR? Or the WIDE OPEN WR thats all of a sudden draped by 6 defenders when the ball is in his vicinity? IMO, this series was THE BEST football game out there because of its gameplay, atmosphere and replay value. But, improving AI and making a game more realistic does not mean making the defenders supermen or making simple passes uncatchable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 10:38 AM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

PS2 version here: I put "Best CFB Game Ever". Though the game initially had some problems in my view, I fixed them to my tastes with the AI sliders. Also, nothing compares to this year's Dynasty Mode.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:15 AM   #23
Rookie

bump
Old 07-21-2004, 12:00 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:

Rback21 said:
Or the WIDE OPEN WR thats all of a sudden draped by 6 defenders when the ball is in his vicinity?

having your opinion is fine, but can we please stop the OVERexaggerating....."wide open, then draped by "6" defenders? just be real and say a cb makes an unbelieveable tip....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »