Home

NCAA Football Presentation: 14 vs. previous years

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Presentation: 14 vs. previous years within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2016, 11:58 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football Presentation: 14 vs. previous years

The pregame in 13 was better but the in game in 14 was better.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:21 PM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I totally get the love for the presentation in NCAA 12 and 13...totally get it. However, I may be one of the few that actually prefer the TV-centric presentation in 2014. The "studio updates" and the "bottom line" ticker are such immersion-generating features within a dynasty. You can see what is happening within your conference and the Top 25 when it is relevant. I've been as guilty of 'scoreboard watching' in key weeks as any real life coach/player/fan when it a tight conference race or in a key battle in the polls. Not to compare to Madden, because I hate going there, but this is one of those features that make the dynasty mode feel like a living, breathing thing.

That said, the only thing I don't like as well are the intros....but alas, the other features make the game better IMO.

I agree with this 100%. Others keep using the term "presentation" but only use it for the pregame intros. There is so much more to presentation and the ticker, in game updates, and halftime show are all great.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-09-2016, 03:04 PM   #11
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I agree with this 100%. Others keep using the term "presentation" but only use it for the pregame intros. There is so much more to presentation and the ticker, in game updates, and halftime show are all great.
Well, it's not just the pre-game intros. The "big gain" and "post-TD" celebrations were removed as well, to name a couple. Lots of clipping going on in general.

But I see what you're saying. It's kind of a 50/50 split between 13 and 14, although I still prefer 13. The other thing that is much improved on 14 is the textures, especially the grass. It's very noticeable after switching between the two games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2016, 11:10 PM   #12
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Because....for the older versions of the game....that's really all there was from a presentation perspective....ok, being a tad facetious...but still, only a handful of little things (running up to the mascot after a TD and so on) were dropped from 14.

Keep the intros from 11/12 and mix with the rest of the elements from 14...and you have a winner.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:56 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
The pregame in 13 was better but the in game in 14 was better.
I totally agree. The actual game play (especially the running game) is way better in 14, but I definitely miss the team specific entrances from 13. They should have kept the entrances and got rid of the Heisman Challenge. It was a unique mode in 13 (really liked the achievement aspect of it), but there was just no need for it in 14.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:50 PM   #14
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

How cool would it be if we could pick and choose our favorite features from each NCAA game and jam it into one version? For menus, I'll take '03 or '04 lol.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:08 PM   #15
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
How cool would it be if we could pick and choose our favorite features from each NCAA game and jam it into one version? For menus, I'll take '03 or '04 lol.
The cool thing is that the older versions are so cheap these days, you can go back and play them all at very little cost. I already owned all of the 360 versions, last week I decided to buy the PS3 versions I didn't have, I ended up getting NCAA 08 through 13 at a local shop for around $7 total. Now I can celebrate with the mascot whenever I feel like it.

But yeah, like an earlier poster said, I prefer everything about 14, just give me back the missing presentation and that's my NCAA game right there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 11:38 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 3

Here's the thing guys, they removed from the presentation in NCAA 14 simply because they didn't bother updating it. So rather than have people complain about the exact same pre game intros as NCAA 13---they deleted them entirely.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »